Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Splashing rain effect generated by hands as well as feet

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Get Together, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Laundry Day Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Observe sims walking or running in the rain.
What happens when the bug occurs? When sims walk or jog in the rain water is splashing up from around their hands as well as around their feet. I don't know if the change was intentional or not, but it looks really strange.
What do you expect to see? The original behavior, where only their feet would cause water to splash up from the ground.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I noticed this the other day and now I can't stop seeing it, especially when my sim goes jogging. It began at some point over the last patch or two. It doesn't matter if the sim is holding an umbrella or not.

I've tried removing all custom content, as well as performing a game repair in Origin, and nothing changes. I've attached a screenshot to illustrate what I see in-game.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 15 (1,973 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [S] Splashing rain effect generated by hands as well as feet

★★ Apprentice

After the latest update it’s fixed, but it wasn’t mentioned on the patch notes !! 🙂 the splashing effect has been removed from the sims hands. 

View in thread

Message 11 of 15 (1,022 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

I  saw this happening after I installed werewolves, and thought it was a new werewolf thing (like shaking off water) but I guess not if it's happening without werewolves installed.

Message 2 of 15 (1,908 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Yeah, I don't own the Warewolves game pack. I'm assuming that the devs duplicated the splashing feet effect for the warewolves' front paws when they run on all fours, but unfortunately it's happening with normal sims on two legs.

Message 3 of 15 (1,894 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It's happening in my game too!!! The splashing effect generated by hands, I think it's because of the werewolf update, but it's happening to sims as well. It's very annoying Frown

Message 4 of 15 (1,835 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this bug too!!!! Frown Since the latest update

Message 5 of 15 (1,777 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, i've seen it too. It's definitly because of the werewolfs, but on normal non occult sims as well. I hope they fix it soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 6 of 15 (1,735 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's very strange. When my sims are walking or jogging in the rain, the water splashing in their hands. It's definitly a bug!!!!!! I've noticed it since the latest patch. Shocked

Message 7 of 15 (1,725 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Me too!!! It's so frustrating, I even turned off rain in the weather settings, because of this. It's so sad that every time a new pack comes out, everything breaks. I really hope they fix it in the next patch!!!!!Frown

Spoiler

Message 8 of 15 (1,710 Views)

The splashing effect happening at your sims hands when walking/jogging in rain

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim walking or jogging in the rain.
What happens when the bug occurs? When a sim is walking or jogging in the rain, the water is splashing at your sim's hands outside. I've noticed it since the latest werewolf uptade, it's probably because of the werewolf running animation, but sadly it's happening with normal sims on two legs. When the sim is running it's much more noticable.
What do you expect to see? The normal splashing animation only at their feet.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the 6/14/2022 update.

Splashing water at hands 1.jpgSplashing water at hands 1.jpg

Message 9 of 15 (1,658 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Still not fixed!!!!!!!!!! 

Message 10 of 15 (1,173 Views)