Re: My sim is overheating inside certain rooms and outside instantly

by Khrisstyne

Original Post

[S] Sim instantly overheating in heat wave (inside and outside)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Batoo and the build kits. I do have the desert deluxe kit though.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play for a bit and your sims will start to overheat randomly.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim could have just went to jog and I was notified that she was overheating and she was overheating inside her house as well. No thermostat on. Just in regular clothes but she was already inside. It was a heat wave but going out in jogging outfit and getting the overheating notification was instantaneous.
What do you expect to see? My sim not overheating inside or even outside while jogging for a few seconds.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I am just playing a test save and my sim is over heating. I did save video footage of it unintentionally because I was actually trying to show proof that the bust the dust kit was broken and found this bug. I never had the previous bug of sims freezing to death in the summer, but now I have this.

yep

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 4 (1,385 Views)

Hero
@Khrisstyne Does she overheat when you put a thermostat or if there's no heat wave ?

Jogging has always been a bit of an issue as the outfit is generally wrong for warm weather but it shouldn't be instant.

So question is: Is it a general issue of them overheating even when wearing the correct cloth/thermostat or is it just the instant part that's an issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,340 Views)

★ Guide

When there's not heatwave, she doesn't overheat. I put in the thermostat and it made no difference to the overheating. It feels like it's random but occurs only during a heatwave. 

The notification of overheating wouldn't disappear right away when I change into their correct clothing indoors like it used to and sometimes in certain rooms it would pop up when inside with everyday clothing on. The instant overheating when going out to jog and then the sporadic overheating are the problems.

Message 3 of 4 (1,311 Views)

Re: [S] Sim instantly overheating in heat wave (inside and outside)

★★ Guide

I'm having the same problem right now.

My sims are overheating and it is a heatwave right now.

Don't know if it matters but I'm playing in San Myshuno.

Message 4 of 4 (848 Views)