Original Post

Accepted Solution

[S] Settings to turn off snow doesn't work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EXPANSION PACKS Eco Life Style Discover University Island Living Get Famous Seasons Cats and Dogs City Living Get Together Get to Work Snowy Escape GAME PACKS Realm of Magic Strangerville Jungle Adventure Parenthood Vampires Dine Out Spa Day Outdoor Retreat STUFF PACKS Nifty Knitting Tiny Living Moschino Toddler Fitness Vintage Glamour Backyard Luxury Party FREE Holiday Celebration Grims Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Snowy Escapes and turn off all winter weather in seasons and in the snowy escape.. It still snows
What happens when the bug occurs? IT SNOWS! I turned off all winter weather... and it works find in other worlds and all my saves but Snow Escapes.
What do you expect to see? NO SNOW IN WAKABA AND SENBAMMACHI !!!! It can be snow on the mountian I do not care about that but in the lower areas... i do not want it to snow, yet it does. Not sure if this is a bug or an oversite...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I know you need snow for the activities, but those activities , i.e. skiing, sledding etc... need snow understandably. BUT. i just do not want the snow in the lower two neighborhoods. 

Other than that, I think the pictures below says it all.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 6 (2,369 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [S] Settings to turn off snow doesn't work

Hero
@RavenLure Could have been some 'residue' from a mod you updated that now has resolved itself.

Guess if it resurface, you come back and post again. Do test then if it's all world or just Mt. Komorebi cause that would be interesting to know.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (2,256 Views)

All Replies

Re: NO SNOW!

★ Guide
@RavenLure I think EA specially coded that world, they said you don't need Seasons pack for it to snow there. In the options to turn off snow maybe it only means the snow that Seasons pack gives us, and doesn't touch the snow that comes separately with Snowy Escape. I tend to agree with you about the non-mountain areas of the new world
Message 2 of 6 (2,332 Views)

Hero
@RavenLure As always: Did you test without mods installed ? Does the setting work for other world then Mt. Komorebi ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (2,317 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Very odd and strange.. but should be nothing new for the Sims4.... I did take all the mods out and everything was fine including another issue I was having.... So I put them all back in little by little to test the mods.. The Odd and Strange part is.... now the issues seemed to have resolved. But one question.... if this happens out of the blue again.. and I have already tested everything. then what??

OH forgot to resond to your other question. I never had an issue before with the weather prior to this and did not check other worlds.. kind of staying in Mt. Komorebi  right now. Love the world but not the snow.. Thinking about doing a clean save and making it all Japanese worlds LOL... just no snow LOL

Message 4 of 6 (2,278 Views)

Hero
@RavenLure Could have been some 'residue' from a mod you updated that now has resolved itself.

Guess if it resurface, you come back and post again. Do test then if it's all world or just Mt. Komorebi cause that would be interesting to know.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (2,257 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict will do if it happens again.
Message 6 of 6 (2,243 Views)