Re: Pregnant sims can't complete holiday tradition, exercise.

by SJWmama

Original Post

[S] Pregnant sims can't complete holiday tradition: Exercise

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: all but snowy escape (Seasons is relevant), Game packs: outdoor retreat, parenthood, realm of magic, strangerville. Stuff packs: Bowling night, laundry day, nifty knitting, tiny living, toddler, vintage glamour.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a holiday with exercise as the tradition, have a pregnant sim in the household.
What happens when the bug occurs? Pregnant sims can't exercise so when the holiday tradition is to exercise she can't complete the tradition so gets the holiday] was awful popup message and a failed holiday negative moodlet.
What do you expect to see? The holiday tradition exercise should be greyed out with the message [Name] ignores this tradition, from being pregnant. Just as child sims ignore romance traditions etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

If pregnant sims can't exercise they should ignore exercise as a holiday tradition.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 7 (598 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@SJWmama Did you try swimming?
Message 2 of 7 (573 Views)

Hero
@SJWmama There are a few things they can do. Have you tried all of the options ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (570 Views)

Hero
@SJWmama Have you been able to solve this with the available options ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (511 Views)

★ Apprentice

I haven't had a chance to test this, I've only just got to a point where I have a pregnant sim again and would have to create a new holiday to coincide with the pregnancy. I did try bicycle riding (using the University bicycle) as that adds to fitness skill. I have some play time today I will try swimming and see if it works.

Message 5 of 7 (488 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@SJWmama Don't really have to test it, as I noticed it during one of my sims pregnancies, they had the active trait so was always wanting to do situps push ups unless pregnant, than they where greyed out during the first term, 2 term anything with exercising was grayed out except swiming in pools, 3 term and in labor, I think swimming in pools was greyed out to prevent baby sims from spawning in water and dying right away, hope that helps, when going to the hospital if you have get to work, if you go to the hospital before your water breaks the nurse and doctors will ignore you. When you water breaks which is when your bladder gets really red fast and you go to the bathroom, when completed it will say oh no sims water breaks hurry get them to the hospital fast or have the baby at home.
Message 6 of 7 (483 Views)

★ Apprentice
First Obviously none of the exercise options that come up from clicking on the sim (e.g. go jogging) or clicking on exercise equipment worked, they are all greyed out and say pregnant sims cannot exercise. Second I tried clicking on the ground and selecting 'jog here' my sim will go to the selected place but won't jog and exercise isn't fulfilled for the holiday. I tried riding a bike 'ride bike around' or 'ride bike here' but that didn't fulfil the exercise tradition either. With another sim and another pregnancy (today) I tried swimming, you can click on 'swim here' but not swim laps swim here or just spending time in the pool doesn't count. I haven't tried ocean swimming in Sulani as the sim went into labour while checking. but even if swimming in Sulani does work its still an issue that should be fixed as it should be possible to use Seasons' functions even if its the only pack you own.
Message 7 of 7 (468 Views)