Re: Leaf Piles Not Disappearing

by Gednaa

Original Post

[S] Leaf Piles Not Disappearing (Patch 1.71/1.38)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play through the seasons
What happens when the bug occurs? After Fall, the piles of leaves around the worlds do not disappear. It is now Spring in my game and they are still there.After a day or so of playing in the world the leaves will start to give off a green noxious gas.
What do you expect to see? I expect them to go after Fall.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug keeps coming back! Is there anything I can do to get rid of the leaves whilst waiting for a fix?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 8 (907 Views)

Hero
@elliebreton Can you burn them ? Is this just cropping up for you again after this patch ? Haven't seen any reports since this was patched.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (890 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I think they were there before the patch, though I wasn't paying too much attention at the time with all the snow and rain lol. I was playing through Winter when I patched and am now in Spring.

If you burn them, they continue burning for a while and then the flames go out and the leaf pile is reset to its original state (the fumes disappear for a day and then return).

Message 3 of 8 (880 Views)

Hero
@elliebreton When did you start this save game ? Does it happen on a new one as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (872 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It's an ongoing rotational game, probably started around Sept last year.

I will start a new game and see if it happens, I'll let you know.

Message 5 of 8 (868 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict  I noticed this happening last night in the current save that I am playing. It is not a new save, probably about 3 years old, but I had not played it for about a year before going back to it after installing Paranormal. You can see in the pic that it's already 6 days into 14 of Spring as I have season length set to 14 days. I am seeing precisely what @elliebreton is reporting, right down to what occurs when I try to burn the piles. After the last multiple attempt to burn the pile on the far right of the pic, the sim even ran back to the house with a trash bag in his hand to throw away while the pile was still burning.

The area in the pic is behind the Cookout Lookout lot in Newcrest. Since I only noticed this last night, I am not sure if the piles in other worlds disappeared or not. I had just switched from a household in Del Sol Valley and don't recall seeing any leaf piles there during the first few days of Spring. Prior to that I had been playing a family in Oasis Springs in Winter and also don't recall seeing any leaf piles remaining late there either.

The only other observation I'll add at this point is that ever since installing Snowy Escape the leaf piles in the new save I started then are appearing and immediately displaying the green fumes. The piles were disappearing after Fall so I didn't submit a bug report.  In this older save that I went back to playing, I was also seeing an immediate appearance of green fumes but the leaf piles aren't disappearing, in Newcrest anyway.  Since the other two worlds I mentioned have such sunny weather, I can't be positive that I just didn't visit a lot that may have had a leaf pile remaining.

I didn't try a game repair before posting since I had just done one after installing the new kits. I play on PC, game version 1.71.86.1020, English, never used mods/cc.

Message 6 of 8 (814 Views)

★★ Guide

I’m seeing this too after the last patch. In my game however it seems isolated to Evergreen Harbor, as the leaf piles worked as intended in Willow Creek (those are the only two households I’m currently playing in that save). 

Message 7 of 8 (802 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

The only problem I had with leaf piles was that my sims were raking them off the lot, so I couldn't do anything with them, but they went away in winter.  Now I have no deciduous trees on my lot, so don't have to deal with leaves, come autumn (Fall) I have only plants and shrubs, so I don't get that problem anymore.

Message 8 of 8 (751 Views)