by DMDragonCT

Original Post

[S] [DU] 'Grand Meal' holiday tradition is available to be completed by robots

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every EP except Snowy Escape, Eco Living, Get Famous and Get to Work. All GP's except Strangerville, Jungle Adventure and Journey to Batuu. Patio Stuff, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Moschino, Movie Stuff and the Bust the Dust kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing as a robot, create or play a holiday with the 'Grand Meal' tradition.
What happens when the bug occurs? The 'Grand Meal' is available as a tradition that the robot can complete.
What do you expect to see? The 'Grand Meal' option greyed out. In order to complete that tradition, the sim has to finish a grand meal (not just 'Call to Grand Meal' as the description states) and robots cannot eat.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Even thought they're robots, they still get aspirations, moodlets and lifetime points like any other human sim. The problem is that it's difficult to get the excellent holiday buff and the maximum about of reward points without completing all the holiday requirements. It doesn't make sense that a holiday that requires eating is available for robots to complete. 

GrandMealHoliday.png

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 11 (1,178 Views)

Re: 'Grand Meal' holiday tradition is available to be completed by robots

★★★★★ Guide

@HollaAtYourMomma 

While it is true that servos cannot eat a grand meal, and that the "Call to Grand Meal" interaction doesn't fulfill the condition, servos can however COOK a grand meal. Doing so will complete that holiday tradition all by itself.

Message 2 of 11 (1,156 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@DMDragonCT Originally, I had the servo cook a fish dinner for the grand meal and it didn't work but I assumed it was because that's a bug in and of itself. But I just tried with the Turkey and the Ham grand meal and it didn't complete. I even called to grand meal after and still nothing.
Message 3 of 11 (1,116 Views)

Hero
@HollaAtYourMomma There is a report for fish dinner here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/S-Unable-to-complete-grand-meal-event-after-eating-fish-dinner...

Does it complete for non-robots at all ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (1,113 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict It completes for all sims once they complete the meal (just tested it on two human sims). Robots can't actually eat so the tradition never gets fulfilled.
Message 5 of 11 (1,107 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@HollaAtYourMomma what I meant is if the cooking fulfills it for other Sims or if that's a general issue for all Sims

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (1,103 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictCooking doesn't fulfill the tradition for any sims. It's been like that ever since I started playing Sims 4 so I never knew that was a bug.

Message 7 of 11 (1,098 Views)

Hero
@HollaAtYourMomma I'm really unsure.

@DMDragonCT does it work for you currently ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (1,094 Views)

★ Guide

Servos also 'participate' in other food-related holiday traditions, even though they can't fulfill them: drinking, fasting, and free food (for the 'night on the town' random holiday).

Also, I've never had the grand meal tradition complete when a sim cooks the meal, only if they eat it.

Message 9 of 11 (1,071 Views)

Re: [S] [DU] 'Grand Meal' holiday tradition is available to be completed by robo

★★★★ Pro

I think Servos should absolutely have any food and drink related holiday traditions ignored (greyed-out). They shouldn't have to participate in other ways either (like cooking the meal or calling for the meal).

Message 10 of 11 (785 Views)