by crinrict

Original Post

[S] Changing Decoration Theme Holiday Changes it for Several Holidays

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Dream Home Decorator, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal Stuff, My First Pet Stuff and kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a few holidays in the calendar, add a decoration theme to one of them and then look what happened to the other holidays' decoration themes.
What happens when the bug occurs? If I change decoration theme for one holiday and then click on edit on another holiday that holiday might be assigned the same decoration theme as the one I just changed.
What do you expect to see? That the decoration theme for one holiday stays the same when I change the decoration theme for another holiday.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I'm not entirely sure if it actually changes the decoration themes in live mode or if it's just a visual glitch in the calendar, because I usually don't add decoration themes to holidays so I haven't noticed this before.

Edit: Here are a few pictures describing the problem further.

First, here's a holiday without decorations. "Ingen" means "None" in Swedish.

HolidayBug1.png

Then I have this second holiday, which I gave the decoration theme "Vår", which means "Spring" in Swedish.

HolidayBug2.png

Then I enter the first holiday again, which previously had no decoration theme, and it has now been given the same decoration theme as the second holiday.

HolidayBug3.png

After a bit of testing it seems like this only happens to holidays without a decoration theme, they're given the decoration theme of the last previously edited holiday with a decoration theme.

I haven't had time to play-test yet, so I don't know if it's just a visual glitch in the calendar or if the holidays are actually given the decoration theme in live mode too.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 6 (472 Views)

Re: Chaning Decoration Theme for a Holiday Changes it for Several Holidays

Hero
@SqueamishNerd Could you please add a few pictures ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (465 Views)

Hero
@SqueamishNerd Would you mind adding a few pictures ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (405 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@crinrict Pictures added Standard smile
Message 4 of 6 (376 Views)

Hero
@SqueamishNerd Thanks.

Did a short test and can duplicate but it wasn't all holidays. Seems only the ones in the same seasons ? Seemed a bit random.

Also didn't test the holiday itself.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (362 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@crinrict I tested a little more (still haven't had time to test in live mode though), and it doesn't seem to only be for holidays in the same season, it seems completely random for me.
Message 6 of 6 (296 Views)