by TGeissler

Original Post

[S] Ceiling Fans no longer cool or dry Sims off

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? base game, get to work, cats and dog, seasons, island paradise
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? put a ceiling fan in home during summer/heat wave
What happens when the bug occurs? ceiling fan no longer cools or dry's Sims of
What do you expect to see? ceiling fans work properly and cool and dry sims off.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

the ceiling fans are no longer cooling or drying Sims off. causing Sims to overheat if they don't own a thermostat

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 6 (2,075 Views)

Re: Celing Fans no longer cool or dry Sims off

Hero (Retired)
@TGeissler Which fan are you using?
Message 2 of 6 (2,021 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've tested both. Neither one works

Message 3 of 6 (2,009 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@TGeissler I was not able to duplicate the sims drying issue. The fans worked every time to dry my sims. The drying would stop when I turned them off and then continue when I turned them on. I tested on an old save and two different new saves. The fans do not dry the puddles left from drinking water but that's another issue with it's own bug thread.

I had a lot of trouble trying to test the heatwave cooling. Sometimes the sim would not get the overheated buff at all with fans on, and if I turned them off, the overheated appeared but didn't go away when I turned the fans back on.

I'd have my sims stand out in the sun with default clothes or pjs and they'd not get the overheated. If they did get overheated, bringing them inside with the fan stopped the buff, but other times they'd get overheated inside regardless of the fans being on or off. I was not seeing anything consistent with the overheated debuff.

A couple threads exist for temperature effects not working properly for sims with iceproof and heatproof traits. I think perhaps the issue is more with the temperature affects themselves and not the fans, or maybe a combination of both.

Edit to add Screenshot for the drying:

The Sims™ 4_20210228082718.jpg

Message 4 of 6 (1,974 Views)

★ Apprentice
@PoptartJuniper Thank you! I havent had anymore trouble with the drying off so maybe when I tested before something else was happening.

However cooling sims off or keeping sims cool is just wacky all over. Sometimes it will work but most of the time it doesn't :/
Message 5 of 6 (1,831 Views)

Re: [S] Ceiling Fans no longer cool or dry Sims off

★ Apprentice

I have noticed recently that the ceiling fans are not preventing my sims from overheating when they are placed in the room and they also do not dry them off when they are wet. I know this is what used to happen, but I am unsure when this was broken by a patch. 

Message 6 of 6 (581 Views)