★★ Novice

Product: Madden NFL 19
Platform:PC
Which console generation do you have?
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Date/time issue occurred Day of release
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Play Now
Summarize your bug The RB stops at the handoff mainly on stretch and power run plays.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? no idea i'm no developer
What happens when the bug occurs? The RB stops once he receives the handoff. This happens on pretty much every stretch and power run and sometimes on inside runs like dives and traps. I've noticed it extensively with the Eagles (Ajayi), Panthers (McCaffery and Anderson), 49ers (McKinnon), and Jaguars (Fournette). This is really aggravating because it usually results in a 5 yard loss every time. Half the runs shouldn't be unusable because of a glitch or bug. I've watched other people play on YouTube and it doesn't seem like they have this issue. It could be a PC issue and not an Xbox or PlayStation problem. This happens in every game mode except practice mode. So I know this isn't a user error because I've used these teams in practice and they do not pause or glitch like they do in play now, MUT, franchise, and so on.
What do you expect to see? the runningback actually running through the handoff and not pausing
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9udD19oBUc

Message 1 of 9 (2,418 Views)

Re: Running back pause bug

★★ Apprentice

Playing franchise on PS4, I've had the same issue. I don't use the sprint button until I get through the line. The Hb often hesitates when receiving the handoff. 

Message 2 of 9 (2,390 Views)

★ Novice

Same issue.  Online only it seems.  Playing MUT

Message 3 of 9 (2,364 Views)

★ Apprentice
Same thing on xbox one cloud CFM. Running is mostly useless this year.
Message 4 of 9 (2,326 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same here on ps4

Message 5 of 9 (2,256 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Post patch, still having this issue. Only now I'm noticing it on kicks and punts aswell. Returners don't respond to control inputs and just slide for 5 yards before going into a running motion

Message 6 of 9 (2,235 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue as well. Running back pauses on every toss, stretch, and power run to the outside on the right. Funny how if I run it to the left there's no issue. I only have this issue running to the right on outside plays.  

Message 7 of 9 (2,139 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So what’s the fix? It’s happening to me, and I’m about to burn this game in the fireplace.

Message 8 of 9 (1,932 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same here. Kick and punt returns mostly for me. Sometimes on certain run plays.
Offline franchise
Latest patch
Message 9 of 9 (1,781 Views)