Run Button Is Not Working Right

by djaronim

Original Post

Run Button Is Not Working Right

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: NBA Live Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
Summarize your bug When I run and lift my finger to stop, players start spinning and juking instead.
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Run and try to stop, or pass/shoot immediately.
What happens when the bug occurs? I lift my finger off the Run button, and they start to spin around, crossdribble, juke, and basically waste 3-4 seconds of gameplay.
What do you expect to see? Same behavior we saw last season. When I lift my finger, they should stop running and start moving at the standard speed, or stop if I lift all fingers off buttons simultaneously.

Basically, the run button isn't behaving like it did just a couple of months ago. I need to be able to stop and shoot or stop and pass. 

When I lift my finger and the player starts spinning or whatever, my passing lanes close and the defense runs up to me with tight coverage. I often see it finally pass after a spin or two, only to be stolen because the player wasted enough time for the defense to become aware they might pass that direction.

In challenges and events with timing limitations, this has cost me at least 10 wins since the season began. All of those cost me stamina and shouldn't have needed a second attempt if the game worked right

Message 1 of 5 (818 Views)

Re: Run Button Is Not Working Right

★★★★ Apprentice
@djaronim Also - I've done all of the standard troubleshooting from reopening to reinstalling to rebooting to updating iOS. None of that worked.
Message 2 of 5 (815 Views)

Community Manager
@djaronim Team is aware of this bug and looking into it.
Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 5 (794 Views)

★★★ Novice

This has been happening to me also since the start of the new season! I also have “reset” and deleted game and re-downloaded to no avail. Thank you for looking into this!!

Message 4 of 5 (778 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here it is almost a month later after inquiring about the run button not working correctly and it still is not fixed. I’m Still spending money in the store, and new content put out every week by EA to make money but why aren’t you fixing this problem?? It’s a big problem playing leagues and any live events. Do you have any plans on fixing this or is this how the game will be for the remainder of the season. It has ruined the game for not only me but our league and I’m sure a lot of other people!! PLEASE let us know if and when this will be addressed. If it’s not going to be fixed please tell us so we can stop spending money on players we can’t even control. Very frustrating for everybody especially those of us who have been with you from inception of your start from season 1!!!!!

Message 5 of 5 (635 Views)