by crinrict

Original Post

Route Fail with tea brewer

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.57.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? buy a tea brewer and try to use it after approximately 3 days in game.
What happens when the bug occurs? it’s like the tea brewer stops working. the sim starts brewing the tea and, halfway through the action, they stop and that little speech bubble appears showing that they can’t reach it. it’s the same speech bubble that pops up when they can’t get somewhere because there’s something in the way. after that, it shows that the tea is ready but when you click on it to get a cup, the only thing you can do is empty it.
What do you expect to see? the sim should finish brewing the tea and be able to get a cup.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

this bug is very frustrating because it only appears after you’ve placed the tea brewer down and kept it around for approximately three days in game. when it happens, i often have to sell it and place another one down only for the bug to happen again three days later.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title

Message 1 of 8 (798 Views)

Re: tea brewer bug

Hero
@hxnsola This is usually a routing issue with the house

Does it work in another house ? Do other appliances such as ice cream maker and coffee machine work ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (766 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
@hxnsolaThis is usually a routing issue with the house

Does it work in another house ? Do other appliances such as ice cream maker and coffee machine work ?

the bug happens in every single household i play and 
affects the coffee machines too, not the get together ones though. when i move the counter and try to get to the tea brewer the sims still can’t access it, so i don’t think it’s a routing issue.

Message 3 of 8 (752 Views)

Hero
@hxnsola Would you mind sending me your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (740 Views)

Hero
@hxnsola Would you mind sending me your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (691 Views)

Cannot access my tea brewer

★ Novice

Hi,

I am unable to access my tea pot brewer. It's been happening since last year with all my households and sims. Even if I start a new game, the same issue still occurs. My Sim will make tea once or twice and then they can't access the tea brewer. They have the bubble appear with the footsteps saying they can't walk there/use the tea pot. I saw there were question posted about this on here but I didn't see a solution. I am really hoping I can be helped here. Screenshot attached. As you can see in the image, I put a counter in a random spot to see if it was the kitchen but still, no luck.

Message 6 of 8 (554 Views)

Re: Cannot access my tea brewer

★★★★ Novice
@RJardien What happens if you move it around to a different spot? Does it keep happening? what if you change to a different house?
Message 7 of 8 (546 Views)

Re: Cannot access my tea brewer

★ Novice

I have tried everything I can think of. Doesn't work on the table, doesn't work in a spot or room. Everytime I have to buy a new teapot, then it works once or twice, then my Sims can't access it. I do have mods and cc installed but I'm not sure this is causing it because I make sure my mods and cc are always up to date.

Message 8 of 8 (537 Views)