Rounded exterior trim won't change & leaves floating ghost trim

by hawkwrrd

Original Post

Rounded exterior trim won't change & leaves floating ghost trim

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Create a rounded piece on a higher level 2. Attempt to change the trim 3. Delete the rounded piece 4. Repeat until it happens
What happens when the bug occurs? Once a trim has been applied to a rounded piece (such as on the Cypress Terrace lot) sometimes it won't change even when you apply the new trim to either the rounded piece individually or the whole level. Money is still deducted from the sims' total. When deleting the rounded piece, sometimes a floating ghost trim will remain visible even when reloading the lot or reloading the game.
What do you expect to see? The trim to apply correctly and not leave behind a visible ghost piece of trim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've had this happen on and off with rounded piece trim for a while; it happens regardless of which expansions or mods I have installed. I'm currently running only the base game, and while editing the Cypress Terrace lot I encountered it again. It happened on 2/4 rounded patio pieces on the outside of the house. The foundation and platform roof pieces work fine; it's suspended patio pieces that seem to glitch, whether flat or platform. Reloading doesn't help. I found a report for an exterior trim/friezes and rounded pieces issue from a couple years back, but not this specific problem. Duplicating pieces that work properly seems to be the only solution I've found, but even that sometimes doesn't work for reasons I can't figure out.

Message 1 of 2 (204 Views)

Re: Rounded exterior trim won't change & leaves floating ghost trim

@hawkwrrd

When you say reloading doesn't work, is that just going to the map screen and back to the lot or is that saving, quitting, then reloading the game?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (168 Views)