by bizuktag

Original Post

[OPEN] Round rooms have blue ceilings/ceilings don't get painted properly

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Modern Menswear
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a round room. Move your camera so you're "inside" the room and look up at the ceiling.
What happens when the bug occurs? The ceiling that covers the curved part of the room is incorrectly colored. The rest of the ceiling in the room is white, but the part above the curve is blue.
What do you expect to see? A full white ceiling across the entirety of the room.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The July 26th patch that added curved walls.

07-27-22_9-01-58 AM.png

Picture showing the blue ceiling above the curved walls.

At first I thought I was seeing the sky, but I can't see trees or objects that I placed next to the room. I don't think it's an actual gap, just the wrong color for some reason.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 23 (4,900 Views)

Re: Round rooms have blue ceilings

Hero

@bizuktag 

I tested this and found the same thing you did.  It happens in both build and live modes.  Another thing I found with it, is that the color of the "blue" area will change depending on time of day i.e. it will look different in the morning than it does at night.  So, I'm pretty sure this is not the intended behavior.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 23 (4,853 Views)

New rounded wall ceiling glitch

★★★ Novice

I've found an issue with the new rounded walls in the game that came with the new patch update. When playing with the walls I noticed that even when there is a ceiling covering the enter room from the inside up view of the room there is a hole in the ceiling. Shown in the files attached you will see that there is a ceiling with no holes, however when you look up from inside the room there is a hole I the ceiling.

Message 3 of 23 (4,827 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having this issue too after the new patch with the rounded walls even if the room has a fully covered ceiling.

Message 4 of 23 (4,815 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I am having this issue as well. It is still happening in my game. The ceiling turns blue on the curved walls, just like the OP. Has anyone found a fix for this?   

Message 5 of 23 (4,205 Views)

★★ Expert
@Evie_MacDonald22 Yes, i have the same problem.
Message 6 of 23 (3,980 Views)

Glitched/incomplete ceilings on rounded rooms

★★★ Apprentice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.99.264.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to edit a ceiling in a rounded room.
What happens when the bug occurs? Parts of the ceiling are missing on both sides. It's not possible to edit the full ceiling, even after removing and re-adding it.
What do you expect to see? I expect the ceiling to work correctly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm editing a lot where one of the buildings is rounded. The ceiling has blue patches on it when seen from below. When I try to edit the ceiling, parts of it are also missing, making it impossible to edit it completely. Removing and re-adding the ceiling to the room, or even scrapping and rebuilding the room from scratch, has the same results.

Message 7 of 23 (3,309 Views)

Re: Glitched/incomplete ceilings on rounded rooms

Message 8 of 23 (3,192 Views)

Painted ceilings on curved rooms with brighter or missing texture on corners

★★★★★ Apprentice

Which language are you playing the game in? Português
What is your current game version number? 1.99.264.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion Packs except Growing Together, All Game Packs, All Stuff Packs except Spooky, Kids Room and My First Pet. Kits: Country Kitchen, Courtyard Oasis, Fashion Street, Industrial Loft, Blooming Rooms, Carnaval Streetwear, Decor to the Max, Little Campers, Desert Luxe, Everyday Clutter, Simtimates, Bathroom Clutter, Grunge Revival, Book Nook
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a curved room and try to paint the ceiling to them
What happens when the bug occurs? The texture in curved corner of the room looks brighter than the rest of it. Also, if you paint the under ceiling of a floating room, there is no texture for the curved corner.
What do you expect to see? Matching textures on the curved corners
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.99.264.1030 patch, which added paintable ceilings

If I paint the ceilings of a room with curved corners or a fully circular room, the texture of the curved room appears brighter than the rest of the room only in the curved section.

19-07-23_11-19-38.png

19-07-23_11-29-30.png

And when I paint the ceiling of a floating room, the texture is missing in the whole curved section

19-07-23_11-21-02.png

19-07-23_11-35-15.png

Even their outside shadows are missing

19-07-23_11-21-09.png

19-07-23_11-36-23.png

Message 9 of 23 (3,126 Views)

Re: Painted ceilings on curved rooms with brighter or missing texture on corners

Hero
@mmartinsdemoura That's the same as this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Round-rooms-have-blue-ceilings/m-p/11668696 ? Before they were blue ceiling showing through and now they don't plaint completely. But seems the same issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 23 (3,117 Views)