Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] Round Rooms Not Functional

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
PlatformPC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Cottage Living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic, Dream Home Decorator, Werewolves, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff, Paranormal Stuff, Country Kitchen Kit, Bust the Dust Kit, Courtyard Oasis Kit, Blooming Rooms Kit, Decor to the Max Kit, Fashion Street Kit, Incheon Arrivals Kit, Modern Menswear Kit, Throwback Fit Kit, Industrial Loft Kit

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a large, round room with 2 flat wall pieces between each of the curves. Try to place a door (if you have made a room connecting to these flat wall pieces), or anything AT ALL in the space available in those 2 squares between the curves (from one side to the other). 
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sims cannot move around the objects, even if there is ample space (from 1/2 tile to 6 tiles of room), forcing you to take the wall, floor items, and ceiling items away so the sim can use the space. 
What do you expect to see? The sims moving in open spaces properly. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I had them, but they were removed and I repaired my game in preparation for the newest update. 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.90.358.1030/Update made on July 26, 2022

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 17 (4,200 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Round Rooms Not Functional

EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello.

We no longer need save files for this issue.  The team will look into it.

Thank you.

View in thread

Message 13 of 17 (2,960 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@joanjettsaltereg 

Can you post a pic or 2 of what you are describing.  I have been unable to duplicate the issue.  I have found some weirdness with the curved walls but not what you describe.  In fact, my test sim could use a chair that placed (without MOO) and was half buried in a curved wall when there is a flat foundation.  If you would like me or another helper to test your build, just upload it to the Gallery and reply here with your username and the lot name as they appear in the Gallery so we can find it to test.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 17 (4,174 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@CGrant56, round rooms are definitely glitched and I'm surprised there isn't a big active thread about it; I came here looking for one. I built a mansion with a rounded guest house that turned out to be completely non-functional, even when totally unfurnished. Look up my build called Sapphire Shores Shell in the gallery. A sim can walk into the guest house, and they can enter the bathroom, but they won't do anything else. They won't go into the bedroom or pass through the open area to the deck out back. Most of the floor is unclickable, too, so you can't even command them to "Go Here."

I assume this bug will never get fixed since most people seem to have decided to just work around it rather than report it. God knows EA doesn't fix bugs they had to have known were present prior to release until people get up in arms about it. (Mean bug, anyone?)

Now to apologize to everyone who downloaded this mess I built and upload another version with a square guest house! I've also just completed a furnished version of the whole mansion (and discovered this problem while playtesting it); now I have to rebuild the furnished version of the guest house too! weep

Message 3 of 17 (3,594 Views)

★ Novice

I'm experiencing the same issue. I decided to build a resort-style big house for my 7 sims, and they get one round bungalow each. So far, only one bungalow is fully furnished and functional. The rest have the bare minimum, and in at least two of them, they cannot access the bathroom that takes up one quarter of the circle. One can't even use a bed that's in the room. I keep trying to move things around, even copying the functional one, and it still doesn't work. I can't work out what, but it's something to do with the "diamond" that appears in the middle when you hover over the floor. 

Message 4 of 17 (3,066 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I wish I'd never tried round walls. I used them to design a Sulani ocean houseboat and the rear of the boat was a rounded deck, the front pointed. I placed a room on top of the deck and added rounded walls back and front. I had to set them to medium height because it kept saying things were intersecting with the roof when there was no roof.

Eventually I decided to place a roof section at the back for a curved wall instead of a rounded wall. I deleted the rounded wall but it left a shadow as if it was still there. I still got error messages saying I had a rounded room but I didn't. I'd never added a rounded room. When the walls are on cutaway, there is still a round shadow where the old round wall used to be. You can't fully delete them when placed on a deck it seems.

I wish I'd never touched them. It took me 2 to 3 hours to delete one wall and reshape my boat. They are unforgivably buggy and temperamental. It's constant error messages, even after deletion.

I've attached 2 images to show the shadows left in build mode and a completed image so you can see it has no round rooms but it says it does. I was really disappointed because this was going to be a gallery submission and those round "ghost walls" it's left with, well they just cause such problems when making any changes to it. It ended up being such a buggy build I don't feel that I can upload it to the gallery for anyone else to wrestle with it.

Live mode is luckily unaffected.

Edit: Just to add I'm on Xbox Series S.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 5 of 17 (3,055 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team
Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

EDIT: Save files no longer needed.  Thank you.
Message 6 of 17 (2,937 Views)

★ Pro
@TheSimsDirect, I don't have a non-modded save file handy, but if you download my build called Sapphire Shores Shell from the gallery and try having a sim walk around the round guest house, you'll encounter the problem.
Message 7 of 17 (2,902 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes mine is exactly the same, I've spent ages building a castle with turrets, only to find everything in the round rooms, no matter where its placed, is totally un-usable

Message 8 of 17 (2,531 Views)

Champion

@NutsyTabz Interestingly, I’ve also recently built a castle with round turrets - but except for one more minor routing error (my sim can’t seem to find their way back out of this one bathroom unless I click “go here” on the floor just past the toilet before asking them to go anywhere else) it all seemed to work. I wonder what triggers the error? Are your towers connected to a square room, or freestanding? If connected, which did you build first? I did have some difficulty initially joining my curtain wall to my towers, and got some odd duplications that I then deleted. I thought I was just bad at building. 🤷🏼‍♀️

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 9 of 17 (2,518 Views)

★★★ Novice

@TheSimsDirect Hi all, please find below link to a gameplay clip involving round room, non-functioning items - in the clip i try to interact with objects not placed while in MOO mode, and no matter what I click on, everything in that room is totally unusable

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxOZFB7w4EbrUA6BrWriEaXdi3Ege1D-FG

Message 10 of 17 (2,494 Views)