Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen? All
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
Summarize your bug When you rotate your hull, your coaxial MG, or cannon rounds become misaligned with your aiming reticle (first person zoomed historical sights) despite remaining on target, the degree of error is pretty significant. If you are rotating counter-clockwise, the rounds go to the left, and vice-versa. This does not happen however when you are in unzoomed first person view. To compensate for this I have to massively 'lead' my aim while adjusting my hull, which is a very unrealistic and unnecessary skill to practice.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Rotate the tank's hull while aiming and firing in first person zoomed view.
What happens when the bug occurs? Rounds go significantly, yet consistently, to the left or right of where you're aiming.
What should be happening instead? Your rounds should remain coupled to your turret direction and rotation, not your hull.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4 (222 Views)

Re: Rotating hull on tanks misaligns rounds with turret direction in zoomed FPV

★★ Apprentice

Is this what you are talking about? It's best visible when I aim in 3rd person at the tip of the roof, but in the 1st person its actually significantly lower:

Message 2 of 4 (197 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Not really, in order to make this bug work you need to be rotating the hull clockwise or counter clockwise, if you shoot while doing this in first person zoomed view, you will see your rounds do not go where the recticle is aimed. 

Message 3 of 4 (172 Views)

★★ Apprentice

So you are talking about horizontal misalignment? Today I written a bug report for vertical misalignment in Valentine AA 3rd person, where you aim above wall but your projectiles hit the wall: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Misaligned-sights-in-Valentine-AA-tank-in-3rd-person/td-p/7361...

So it would seem there are multiple problems with the 3rd person crosshair position relative to the actual place where your shots land.

Message 4 of 4 (165 Views)