Roster Edit Line Issues

by 3n2pqu59wdbr

Original Post

Roster Edit Line Issues

★ Novice

Product: NHL 23
Platform:PlayStation 5
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Arthockey91
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing Franchise Mode
What happens when the bug occurs? Hi ea, I am having a ridiculous issue with Franchise mode. Everytime I play franchise mode this bug happens. The Penalty kill, power play, 4 on 4, 3 on 3 line has a bug happening where the Winger and the Center man are getting swapped. So I’m always seeing wingers play center. For example, I mostly play as Los Angeles in franchise mode, on the 4 on 4 line Kopitar (Center) gets flipped with Fiala (Winger) so Fiala is taking the face offs. When I open up edit lines and swap Fiala and Kopitar to the correct positions and I exit the edit lines screen, Fiala shows flipped back to center. The only temporary way to fix this is when it shows Fiala as Center and Kopitar as wingers flip them back to the correct positions and then switch them back (Fiala Center) Kopitar Winger then for odd reasons they flip back to the correct positions. So it seems like the coding is reversed. It last maybe a game or so until this issue occurs again. It is very annoying to edit my lines every single Game. Another often bug is when on the PP or PK let’s say if Kopitar is on PK Line 1 and he’s in the penalty box, he is replaced with a defenseman. Let’s say Doughty is on the PK Line 1 and if he’s in the penalty box, he is swapped with a forward. Two very annoying problems. I even reinstalled the game and same issue.
What do you expect to see? The line working properly
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Offline
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Franchise Mode
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) Always
What is your time zone? PST - GMT - 8:00
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region.
What is your game language? English

Kind of disappointed to be honest from someone that has been using EA products for the past 15 years and has spent well over $5,000 since then to have these issues that make the game totally unplayable. Please EA, there must be a fix to this. 

Message 1 of 12 (1,377 Views)

Re: Roster Edit Line Issues

★ Novice

Forgot to add also.

Before when during a game when I would go edit lines in the menu settings and pressed R3 on one of my player I can see his career stats. That no longer works. 

Message 2 of 12 (1,364 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was just about to report this same bug but saw this post.

I am playing Season mode instead of Franchise, but the bug seems to exist in this mode too.  Using the Oilers, I keep having Hyman take faceoffs instead of McDavid.  Trying to swap them both mid game and from the menu in between games results in the same flipping back as soon as you leave the Edit Lines screen and return to it.  

I had not figured out that workaround, so I will try that the next time I’m in the game.  Thanks for that!

Oddly, I had not noticed this problem when playing exhibition games.  I thought maybe it had something to do with the Coach editing lines setting, but mine is set to Off.  The CPU should not be meddling with my lines.

Hope EA can fix this one soon.

Message 3 of 12 (1,317 Views)

Cannot edit Away team's lines in online versus direct with friend mode

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Platform:PlayStation 5
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? spiral84
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In online versus direct with friend mode have the away team select a team different from the home team. go to settings to edit lines/strategies
What happens when the bug occurs? You will immediately notice in the edit lines/strategies screen that the away team is not editable for lines. the away team is showing thr home team's lines instead making it inpossible for the away team to edit their lines.
What do you expect to see? expect to see the selected team's lines in the edit lines and strategies module and not a different team. it doesnt make sense for any other team to edit lines besides the team you have selected.
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Online
Insert Game Mode or Feature here online versus direct with friend mode
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 12:00am
What is your time zone? PST - GMT - 8:00

no screen shots necessary

Message 4 of 12 (1,279 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same exact issue they need to fix 

Message 5 of 12 (1,254 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@3n2pqu59wdbr Likewise. Playing on Xbox s. One example of a whole host of silly issues. EA doesn’t care about offline players
Message 6 of 12 (1,235 Views)

Can't Edit Lines in Online Versus

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Aerith_Lives
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a friend invite you to an online Versus game and try to edit your lines.
What happens when the bug occurs? You can select any team you want. When you try to edit lines, you will be taken to the OPPOSING team's edit lines page, with no ability to edit your own lines. No workaround was found.
What do you expect to see? A way to edit MY TEAM'S LINES!
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Online
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Online Versus
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30

Have a friend invite you to an online Versus game and try to edit your lines.

You can select any team you want. When you try to edit lines, you will be taken to the OPPOSING team's edit lines page, with no ability to edit your own lines.
No workaround was found

Message 7 of 12 (1,217 Views)

Re: Cannot edit Away team's lines in online versus direct with friend mode

★★★ Newbie

Noticed the exact same thing. Made a post in the bug report forum.

How is this bug in the game over a month after release, when they have had the same online versus mode for almost a decade!?

Message 8 of 12 (1,211 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This bug has been in the game for over a month... there has even been a update and they didnt bother fixing it... i think this is last time i buy anything from ea....

Message 9 of 12 (1,033 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did this original issue get fixed in the latest patch?  I only briefly played one season mode game last night, and my PK lines were correct.  

Message 10 of 12 (922 Views)

nhl-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help