RoseBud Achievement Problem

by DelightfulSims

Original Post

Accepted Solution

RoseBud Achievement Problem

★★★★★ Apprentice

My Sim couple got that achievement today, I thought they may have earned it them self so I exit game ( I don't want the award!!) and loaded up the last save game all was fine the million was gone. BUT then when they both just got out of bed they got that damn RoseBud achievement again and this time I was sure they had not done anything at all to earn it so there has to be a bug in my game I have not got any cheat code for that or any other achievement what so ever so I don't understand why. Could you please!!!! help as I do not want any other money for this family unless it's earned via Job or Crafts. I appreciate very much you taking the time to read this and thank you in advance for any help given Standard smile 

Message 1 of 21 (1,703 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: RoseBud Achievement Problem

Hero

@DelightfulSims Are you ok with marking this as solved and blaming it on the royalties ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 18 of 21 (2,099 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

Achievements do not influence your game in anyway.

Unless the money is in their bank account then that is something else, but if you only get the achievement and nothing else then you don't need to worry about it.

Message 2 of 21 (1,696 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Firstly thank you so much John for replying Standard smile but sadly if was only the achievement I wouldn't worry about it but each time they do get the money and I've tried 2 codes to try and  get rid of it = Money ### - and Sims.modify_funds-  but I can't remove the excess money Frown but thanks for trying to help Standard smile 

Message 3 of 21 (1,692 Views)

[ Edited ]

Before getting the challange, try checking at what progress the achievement is. 
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/792094/rosebud-challenge-can-you-become-a-sim-millionaire...
Right bofore the middle of that page you can see how to check that. Might just be you have that amount of money in your house, belongings and funds...
I don't know of a bug with this, but it could be a bug.

Can you explain why you don't want this achievement? I don't seem to understand why you seem so against it..

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 21 (1,686 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks PhantomLover for your reply!! Firstly I did check the Sim family progress and it says= $278,792/$1,000,000 so I don't think they are close to achieving that award legit. I don't know alot about Sims 4, I just feel it has to be a bug and yes I find bugs annoying lol. Seriously though I just wanted to have them earn it,  if they got this because of their achievements I would be cool with that but it seems they haven't and if only I can get  rid of the money instead of having to exit the game without saving putting my game back each time. Thanks for your help it's appreciated PhantomLover Standard smile 

Message 5 of 21 (1,682 Views)

Hero

Bit unsure but did you get the achievement WITHOUT actually having the money or did you get random money added to your household ?

Also, could there be another family in your save game that has that much money or is this the only one you play ? Did you maybe download Sims from the gallery (not sure if they come with money but I had achievements being fulfilled that way) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 21 (1,676 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for replying Crin Standard smile Sorry iI didn't explain this problem properly.As I wrote that amount of $278,792/1,000,000 that shows up under the RoseBud achievement in achievements and I noted that amount before unpausing my game and playing the game within 2 mins a notice comes up (Top right hand corner) that I have won RoseBud and then my family has $999,999 in their accountand during those 2 mins they did earn any money or do anything so it really has me beat!! Although thinking over what you've said it is very possible that maybe as my Sim family has grown married Kids with families of their own and are still in my game just in different houses  it might be thats how it was achieved!!!!! I will evict some Families and then play the family and see if it stops that award. Cheers for that Crin Standard smile To Be Continued........

Message 7 of 21 (1,674 Views)

Hero

Inactives don't advance on their own so if you didn't add anything manually, that should not be it.

I do think this sounds like a bug so I'm a bit inclined to move it to the bug forum to see if others have the same issue as you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 21 (1,672 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes I'm afraid you're right Crin I removed their families to manage households and rosebud came up again Frown I've tried everything I can think of including moving the Sims to another house because the one they were in was downloaded via the gallery  but no such luck. I'm going make another household and play with them and leave this family alone and maybe someone will find a solution/Fix Bug! Thanks again for trying to help me,much appreciated Crin ( Friendly Hugs) 

Message 9 of 21 (1,669 Views)

Hero

@DelightfulSims Moved this to bug reporting. 

I'll add it to the list tomorrow

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 21 (1,660 Views)