by cloud_collector

Original Post

Roofs have gaps between them and round walls

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a big round wall, place a roof on the same floor so it intersects the wall.
What happens when the bug occurs? Roof's edge looks like it's touching an invisible octagonal room.
What do you expect to see? Roof's edge has the same curve as the wall, without any gaps.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Screenshot of the gap:

Screenshot of the gap

Message 1 of 3 (1,317 Views)

Re: Roofs have gaps between them and round walls

Hero

@cloud_collector 

I tested this and you are right.  The roof doesn't curve where it meets a rounded wall.  It leaves a gap at the joint.  It happens in both build and live modes.  It seems that the roof can't curve and does the best that it can trying to follow curve by doing what it does when it meets straight walls in a polygon shape.  My guess is that the devs didn't make allowances for this when the curved walls were introduced.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 3 (1,256 Views)

Re: Roofs have gaps between them and round walls

Champion

I've got this problem too. I can see daylight through the gaps. I can't add bigger trims on the particular house I'm building right now either or it would throw the whole thing off.

I'm finding round walls are more trouble than they are worth unfortunately.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 3 of 3 (782 Views)