Re: Romance Menu Disappearing

by MarleyTheWizard

Original Post

Romance Menu Disappearing

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.84.171.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday Celebration, Seasons, Tiny Living, Eco Lifestyle, Dream Home Decorator, Cottage Living, Nifty Knitting, Realm of Magic, Cats and Dogs, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Get Together, Snowy Escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing as a teenage Sim with full friendship and romance bars with another teenage Sim, on the Love Day holiday.
What happens when the bug occurs? I give my significant other a love day gift, and the next time I click on them the Romance interaction category is gone.
What do you expect to see? I should be able to perform romantic interactions with my significant other.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've reproduced this issue twice (by recovering an old version of the save and trying again, and by starting a new game with the same Sim). Once I have given my Sim's significant other a Love Day gift, I cannot perform any romantic interactions through any channel - can't send a flirty text or ask on a date, the "Mess Around With X" option has disappeared from double bed interaction menus, and when I click on them and choose "more options", the Friendly, Funny, Mischief, and Mean categories are there but the Romance one is not. Funnily enough, I've also noticed that a "WooHoo with X" option appears in the Rejuvenating Hot Springs interaction menu.

Message 1 of 11 (1,340 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Did the other Sim age up?

Message 2 of 11 (1,303 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

i have the same problem, did put out every mods and still no romance menu on people  no matter what sims i click on .. i only recognice this since yesterdays update. 

it only appears on male , and only on husbands , after i put EVERTHING from mod tab away .. 

Message 3 of 11 (1,278 Views)

★★ Guide

Sometimes it disappears for me when the sim is in another mood than flirty, but I haven't seen a pattern yet 

Message 4 of 11 (1,243 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No, the Sims are still both teens.

Message 5 of 11 (1,166 Views)

Hero
@ArtisanTart Does it only happen to teens ? Are both played Sims or one an random NPC ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (1,151 Views)

Teen romantic interactions gone

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Dutch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? No kits, Game packs: tiny living, parenthood, outdoor retreat, vampire, wellness, interior design. No kits. 

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Seems game specific.

What happens when the bug occurs? Romance options do not pop up for any teen sims who interact with other teen sims.
What do you expect to see? The romance interaction tab should pop up if I am clicking on another teen sim with a teen sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? None, no CC, no Mods.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Might have been after the 17/1/23 patch but I'm not sure. 

I've followed through the whole factory reset instructions, have repaired my game a million times, removed all cache filed, restarted my computer. I have tried other households, and different locations, but the problem seems stuck in this save. The only time they reappeared was when I started a new save after putting everything back to factory reset. As soon as I merged my old save and played that one, the options have disappeared again. (Young) adults and elders remain to have their romantic interactions. 

In another thread I saw that the person having the same problems had a hidden skeleton trait, but that's not applicable to my case. 

very hopeful that someone knows how to fix this!

Message 7 of 11 (1,024 Views)

Re: Teen romantic interactions gone

[ Edited ]
Hero

@camillie Did you check on the sexual orientation between the Sims ? They need to match. There are a lot of game created ones that are asexual

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (999 Views)

Romance social interactions not appearing

★★★ Newbie

Long story short, I made a new save after updating a few days ago, and there are 0 romance options available. I’ve tried repairing my game, from Origin launcher, I’ve updated my CC and mods, I’ve removed my CC and mods, I’ve played as other households, and I’ve even factory reset my game as recommended in another post with all my CC and mods saved in a duplicate Sims 4 folder (so please don’t suggest that). 

I genuinely have no clue what to do from here, and I’m really upset that my playthrough has been effectively halted in its tracks. Aside from emailing EA directly, and suggestions?

Message 9 of 11 (983 Views)

Re: Teen romantic interactions gone

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi Crin, 

Forgot to include, yes also checked. It's for both of my teens from the same family. My boy teen can't do romantic interactions with his boyfriend, so the romantic relationship is already established. The girl (who did not have a previous romantic relationship) has the same problem. No menu appearing, all other social options are there, it's so strange.

Thanks!

Message 10 of 11 (980 Views)