Re: Rocket Science-- can't start shift

by rrriot_kittymeow

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

Okay, this just happened with a THIRD sim this weekend. This is getting ridiculous.

Message 21 of 26 (972 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I got this problem too @Ilois4 @EA_Sanah 

It happens to me at market square
One of my sim do work modeling everyday
One day my sims can not do his work
It does not have shift button to do
about 4 days my sim can not start his work shift

Message 22 of 26 (826 Views)

Hero

Currently having this issue in Business Career at Downtown.

My sim started a work shift, I had to restart my game since the ads disappeared from my baking challenge and when re-opening the game, the sim who was supposed to be at Downtown was at home seemingly free. Took her to Downtown but the Business Career start button is missing and items give actions like she’s in a work event. 

8BAD8556-35B4-4DF1-A5D7-DB136A1B88A5.jpeg

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 23 of 26 (684 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So I had this problem a month ago, and recreated the Sim. It was my favorite Sim. I just had this exact problem occur again with the replacement Sim I made. I am not sending my player id to @EA_Sanah because I received no response of any kind last time, so I do not see the point.

I entered my Sim into a long work event, and then I closed my game. When I opened my game again, my Sim was at home, idle. However she cannot be engaged in another work event because the game still thinks she is in one, evidenced by the "start" bubble being missing. None of the action bubbles are visible, so she cannot finish the event she was in. In addition, she can't start any events at all in Parkside where her work (barista) is located, meaning the Eco Workshop. 

I attempted to close out the game and restart it multiple times to fix it, without success.

I also tried having her engage in another event, a relationship event on the property. This didn't work either. Neither of these fixes worked the first time, either.

Message 24 of 26 (627 Views)

Career event vanished but tasks still available and sim stuck

★★★ Newbie

My sim was in the middle of a long shift in a career event, when I checked back in, the event had vanished but the tasks still appear and my sim is unable to start a new event or join anything else. I have lost all the progress I made and wasted energy.

Message 25 of 26 (343 Views)

Re: Career event vanished but tasks still available and sim stuck

Hero
@sinead Hi, what is your sim’s career? If you have a possibility to try to do a relationship event in that location, it might help to get your career shifts in order again.

I’ve merged your post to an earlier topic about this issue, you might find useful tips for your game.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 26 of 26 (297 Views)
Twitter Stream