Re: Rocket Science-- can't start shift

by lulu32914

Original Post

Rocket Science-- can't start shift

★ Apprentice

The icon to start a shift in the Rocket Science career has been missing for over a week. I hoped the latest update would fix this issue,  but it has not.  I am stuck halfway through level 7:

Things I've already tried that didn't fix it:

1. Closing and re- opening the app many times and completely restarting my phone to clear any background shifts that might be running.  

2. Putting all the Rocket Science objects in my inventory then placing them back on the lot.

3. Switching my sim to a different career and then back again.  

4. Doing other events. 

5. Installing the update. 

This is the only career I have not yet finished and I really don't want to lose my progress. Please fix this bug.

Message 1 of 27 (4,095 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@lulu32914

Hi, what other events did you try?

In the other thread similar issue got solved by doing a relationship event at the location. Since there aren’t any(?) relationship events that you can do at the Science center or Waterfront, I’d try to do with that sim any other event at the Science center/Waterfront. Unfortunately at this moment we don’t have STS or TH events to try and no announcement yet how the next season and its events will be.

edit: added the link

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 27 (4,068 Views)

★★★ Guide
@lulu32914 I had a similar problem some weeks ago, and I seem to remember that I made all my Sims idle. Then I force closed the game and reopened it a couple of times. Then I turned off/on my device. When I returned to the game, the issue was fixed.

Alternative: can you check if you have any passive Sims stuck somewhere?
Message 3 of 27 (4,055 Views)

Hero
@KatlaStorm I think this might be related to that issue, but unfortunately idling and restarting doesn’t seem to solve this one. 😕

Message 4 of 27 (4,045 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Ilois4 Ok. Sorry about that.
Message 5 of 27 (4,042 Views)

Hero
@KatlaStorm Np.. that seems to solve like every other issue lately and prevent the other half of issues.. so it’s good to start with that. 😊

Message 6 of 27 (4,037 Views)

★ Apprentice

@KatlaStorm  I have tried making all of my sims idle before force closing and reopening the game repeatedly. Although that strategy has worked in similar situations in the past (other careers/hobbies),  it doesn't seem to be working for this. I have been trying multiple times a day since the issue started, hoping for a different result, but so far no success.

I have never made a sim passive before. When I came back to the game after a long break and saw this was a new feature,  I read about all the issues people were having and decided not to risk it!

@KatlaStorm wrote:
@lulu32914I had a similar problem some weeks ago, and I seem to remember that I made all my Sims idle. Then I force closed the game and reopened it a couple of times. Then I turned off/on my device. When I returned to the game, the issue was fixed.

Alternative: can you check if you have any passive Sims stuck somewhere?

Message 7 of 27 (4,024 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Ilois4 I have done all kinds of other events-- relationships,  hobbies & eco workshop-- but haven't done any events at the Waterfront yet since that hasn't been an option. I can try switching to the another job at the waterfront. Hope it works!

@Ilois4 wrote:

@lulu32914

Hi, what other events did you try?

In the other thread similar issue got solved by doing a relationship event at the location. Since there aren’t any(?) relationship events that you can do at the Science center or Waterfront, I’d try to do with that sim any other event at the Science center/Waterfront. Unfortunately at this moment we don’t have STS or TH events to try and no announcement yet how the next season and its events will be.

edit: added the link

Message 8 of 27 (4,022 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

@Ilois4 I just switched to the lab Science career so I could try doing a different event at the waterfront, but I just had the same issue-- once I switched, there was no icon to start a  lab science shift. I switched back to rocket science-- the issue remains. Seems like all events at the Waterfront are just blocked for me. 

I hope this doesn't mean I'll have to wait for the next treasure hunt with an event at the waterfront to see if that solves the problem! Who knows how long that might take, or if it will even work. 

Message 9 of 27 (4,008 Views)

★★★ Guide
@lulu32914 But have you retired any Sims? Retired Sims can also get stuck in events.
Message 10 of 27 (3,995 Views)