Re: Robot Vacuum not working with dusty floors

by Bazzett2013

Original Post

Robot Vacuum not working with dusty floors

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Get Together, Get to Work, Dream Home Decorator, Country Kitchen Kit, Bust the Dust Kit, Paranormal Stuff, Star Wars, Nifty Knitting, Realm of Magic, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Parenthood, Dine Out, Vampires, Toddler Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Own Bust the Dust, and Cats and Dogs. Place a Robot Vacuum on lot and run it in an attempt to clean dirty floors
What happens when the bug occurs? The Robot Vacuum will start, move only marginally away from the dog, squiggle around for a bit then return to the dock. The floors are remaining dusty and dirty.
What do you expect to see? I want the Robot Vacuum to move around the house properly and to be able to be used to keep the dusty floors clean and to remove / prevent dust bunnies.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I haven't been able to test the Robot Vacuum cleaning up kids and pets mess, but I was specifically wanting to use it with the bust the dust kit, and was under the impression it would be compatible and able to clean up dusty floors. 

Message 1 of 3 (6,283 Views)

Hero

@cloud3blak 

I found that the mobile vacs work pretty well overall.  Once the dust builds up though, they don't seem to work.  So you need to clean the the floor level with a BTD vacuum first then turn the C&D robovac on.  I set mine to run every six hours and that does the job most of the time.  In the few places where the 6 hour setting didn't work to keep it clean, I set the robovac there to run every 3 hours.

And I also suggest you fully upgrade the robovac and the base.  Otherwise you'll need to send a sim to empty them every time they run.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 3 (6,242 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@CGrant56 wrote:

@cloud3blak 

I found that the mobile vacs work pretty well overall.  Once the dust builds up though, they don't seem to work.  So you need to clean the the floor level with a BTD vacuum first then turn the C&D robovac on.  I set mine to run every six hours and that does the job most of the time.  In the few places where the 6 hour setting didn't work to keep it clean, I set the robovac there to run every 3 hours.

And I also suggest you fully upgrade the robovac and the base.  Otherwise you'll need to send a sim to empty them every time they run.

Hope this helps.

The robot vacs don't work for me at all involving the dust system. I run my robo vaccum all the time and my house still acquires dust the same way it does without a robo vacuum. I need to use the actual BTD vacuums to clean up the dust and bunnies. Currently the robot vacuums seem to be glitched though so that might be part of it. There's another thread for that. The robo vacuums seem to start doing their routine and then just randomly stop moving and get stuck. They still make noises and act like they are cleaning but don't move or do anything. I have to go into build mode and manually move it back to it's dock. Maybe if it actually gets fixed to where it's working throughout the whole house again then maybe it'll actually work on the dust system. And if not then maybe that would be a cool addition/update to the game. It would be awesome if robo vacs worked the same as the new vacuums that came with BTD.

Message 3 of 3 (6,188 Views)