Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen?
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
Summarize your bug The time to death (TTD) from the Ribeyrolles and the Sten is much quicker than their intended time to kill (TTK). It happens often enough, that I am sure it's those specific weapons and no other influences (i.e. other simultaneous damage). When using both those weapons myself, they seem to work normal.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Make sure your internet connection is good (stable; ethernet connection to console/PC; min. 50Mbits). 2. Make sure you play on real life servers from BFV in your region (around 20ms ping; no dev environment; no server issues). 3. Play Conquest (or any other multiplayer game mode). 4. Get killed by players using the Ribeyrolles or the Sten.
What happens when the bug occurs? The time to death (TTD) is much quicker than their intended time to kill (TTK), so my character's health goes from 100-0 in a very short timeframe (it sometimes feels like 1 frame).
What should be happening instead? The TTD should be in line with the TTK of those weapons, so I can react and avoid getting killed.

I saved a video from my PS4 on YouTube and it has a Ribeyrolles kill in it (timestamp in link): My YouTube video

It is a bit older, but the issue is still the same.

Message 1 of 13 (1,150 Views)

Re: Ribeyrolles & Sten cause 1-frame deaths

Community Manager

@Gerhard_Koepke 

If you see this every time you play can you enable the network graph under the settings menu? From that clip it looks like the player could have landed some consecutive headshots that didn't seem out of the ordinary. You can see your health get chipped away at the bottom in increments.

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 13 (1,127 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Thank you. I really appreciate the reply. Anyway, if you play the game almost everyday and even with the weapons in question, you have not only a good understanding but also an intimate feeling how weapons (should) actually behave. Yes, this was only one example I happen to have available on a video, which might not have been too distinct, but that was the only thing I had at this moment. I experience this almost every game. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

I think you could either play the game a lot and get used to the TTKs and TTDs in order to experience this yourself or just go to a social media platform of your choice - i.e. reddit - and read multiple reports from other people about the same issue.

Please forward this issue to a dev, so they take a look at it.

P.S.: I have the network graph set as "show on problems".

Message 3 of 13 (1,120 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yep seen that many many times. Where it feels like one bullet and i go from 100 to 0 health from a sten chest shot.First thought it was just people cheating but its happening to much and with multiple weapons. I even had times where I got the jump on the guy and was still completely destroyed in under a second. Maybe its just effecting fast fire rate guns.

Message 4 of 13 (1,084 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey, @Gerhard_Koepke  can you have network graph on so you and us can also see the MS between the shoots that are landing on you to see if there is an inconsistency.  And record any examples you have seen on it whit it on. 

/Atic 

Message 5 of 13 (1,051 Views)

★★ Pro

@Gerhard_KoepkeI have been reporting on the one-frame death issue since the game launched and it is the single biggest problem with BFV IMO.

I DID received a definitive reply from EA_Atic recently and he stated that "One-Frame deaths are working as intended."

See these threads: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/May-23-update-One-Frame-insta-death-STILL-a-thing-Video-PROOF/...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Dying-by-single-bullets-Insta-deaths/td-p/7700017/page/2

So it sounds like it's just "game design" and it will never be fixed as it is an intentional feature. THAT is why I've given up the game.

Message 6 of 13 (987 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi EA_Atic,

I had the "luck" to record one of those instances: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBHN3BI52t4

P.S.: Sorry for the quality. Can't do much about it, since it is the limited PS4 share feature.

Message 7 of 13 (924 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Gerhard_Koepke nice work! It's 7 tickets and it should be 15, so there is definitly something wrong!

Message 8 of 13 (916 Views)

★★ Pro
@Gerhard_Koepke The "insta-death" will never be fixed. if you read the above threads that I linked you will see that EA_Atic already replied that it is part of the game and "working as intended."
Message 9 of 13 (901 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sorry, but you are not helping. Especially with that attitude.

Message 10 of 13 (899 Views)