Re: Reys dash strike

by RogueZeroRendar

Original Post

Reys dash strike

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug When executing her dash move at the same time as being attacked she turns 180 degrees
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? HashBarn
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? Since playing
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) Since playing rey
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone? GMT (UTC)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use reys dash at the same time as being attacked by an ability or in general
What happens when the bug occurs? Usually gets me killed
What do you expect to see? Don't know if it's a bug. But it would be nice to have it changed its her best move
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug When using the dash strike move she turns 180degrees if it's executed at the same time as you are attacked
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? HashBarn
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? Since playing
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) Since playing rey
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone? GMT (UTC)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use reys dash strike at the same time as being attacked by an ability or in general
What happens when the bug occurs? Usually gets me killled if I'm not quick enough
What do you expect to see? I don't know if it's a bug, but reys not a tank it could be changed
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Message 1 of 5 (723 Views)

Champion (Retired)

This is a reported bug, been like this for well over a year.  Please add your comment to this existing thread: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Rey-s-Dash-Strike-Orientation-BUG/m-p/6827667#M15399

Message 2 of 5 (707 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Alliecat7803 Oh good. I realised Its been there since I got the game, it's just starting to annoy now. Really hope it's fixed
Message 3 of 5 (588 Views)

★ Guide

I've known Rey's dash to be inconsistent at times but thought I would share this as it's quite funny. Not sure what happened here 

https://youtu.be/OKnwmjZFQRw

Message 4 of 5 (494 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@HomerSpinson 

This what I called Rey's Dash Strike Visual BUG:

Initially it was tied to the old Disabled Block BUG ( https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Disabled-Block-BUG-Block-Stops-Working-No-Block-Animation/m-p/... ), but that BUG got fixed and this BUG didn't. Whatever the case, when they stated the disabled block bug was fixed I tested a method I knew would trigger the bug in the past consistently, and although the disabled block bug didn't trigger that time, this visual bug did, which makes me believe they didn't fix the strange state that would trigger both bugs, but they rather implemented a workaround that gives your block back.

Anyway, nowadays this visual bug happens rarely and doesn't interfere with gameplay that much, it just desyncs your camera view with Rey's view (which during Dash Strike stay locked to one another). However, Obi-Wan might still suffer from this BUG as well, and in his case it's much more disrupting then in this one. To fix this BUG you just need to trigger it once and then play normally that eventually it fixes itself. I find it rather difficult to keep this BUG active actually, it seems if I don't exclusively only walk and Dash Strike after activating the BUG, it'll deactivate.

Message 5 of 5 (484 Views)