Re: Rey's lightsaber not working in Hero Showdown

by TrunksStrife

Original Post

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey @Dacen_Thren 

Information request or troubleshooting I posted above is to help to break down if its a particular platform is affected. We're looking for data to narrow down the issue and potentially identifying a workaround for everyone to use. To highlight any problems that we take a look on from our side, that's one page of the book. The other page If there's a way to help you eliminate the problems temporarily (a workaround) so we all can go back have a good time.

It's not about orders or looking for blame, at the end of the day we're all gamers here and we are here to help so you can go back playing games (or me). 😊

/Atic 

Message 21 of 34 (712 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Atic let's say I do the power cycle. How am I gonna know the issue is still there if the issue only happens at random times?
Message 22 of 34 (699 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey, @EnriquePriest If you do a power cycle and the game had no new updates and it stops from happening again, It could be a potential workaround that is working and if more players are report the same, that it's working I would class it as working workaround.

/Atic 

Message 23 of 34 (697 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Happened to me with both rey and darth maul

Message 24 of 34 (673 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
https://youtu.be/7OopsSUiPfcgE?t=340 happens to vader @ ~5:44 and again ~9:09
Message 25 of 34 (645 Views)

★★ Guide
On PC, recently happened to me when I was Maul around three times in a single day and my friend was playing Rey and his saber got turned off too. One difference is that Maul can still use his basic attack but Rey can only use her abilities. My friend couldn’t do anything as Rey to help us and we lost.
Message 26 of 34 (621 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Atic the power cycle did not work
Message 27 of 34 (606 Views)

★★ Pro
@EA_Atic
Would it not be an idea to suggest the idea from @DYSPROssium to the devs as a potential solution to this problem. I have no idea about coding so please do tell me its nonsense if that's the case. If you were to implement an overriding function by which you can switch the lightsabers on and off then when this glitch happens then presumably you could just switch it back on by pushing the on button right?
Message 28 of 34 (584 Views)

@EA_Atic I haven't seen the problem in Hero Showdown myself, but for the bug that I linked to in this topic on page 2, here is my dxdiag

Message 29 of 34 (581 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Atic

https://youtu.be/LdW6tm8x2nI

It happened again in hvv. From the looks of it it was causing damage in this game though. Also I was the only one that couldnt see it my other friend in the party could see it. But there are times where neither I nor my friend can see it and it doesnt cause damage
Message 30 of 34 (535 Views)