Re: Revenant Ultimate bug (“Hammerpoint Rounds” mod)

by Bestburrito4u

Original Post

Revenant Ultimate bug (“Hammerpoint Rounds” mod)

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number RX590
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? PezzzDuke
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Everywhere
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. was shooting at Revenant of P20 modded , while he had death prevention buff .
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 3 times noticed in total
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue?
What happens when the bug occurs? Target under Death prevention buff takes basic dmg to their HP ....but since their armor is disabled , it shoudn't be so .
What should be happening instead? Bonus dmg from Hammerpoint mod shoud be applied to them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to practice match , use Revenant ult , apply the totem buff ....then other player shoud equip P20 / mozambique with mod and shoot at him , you will see youself .

When Revenant using his ult , people that got death prevention debuff taking lowered dmg from P20/mozambique with mod .....but we all know that their armor is DISABLED , wich means they like have no armor and shoud take increased DMG on their Healt Points . Please fix this ASAP !!

Message 1 of 6 (691 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Good point. I'd personally view this as intended, since they technically have armor despite it being ignored. I'll see if I can get a solid confirmation on if it's intended or not. 

Thanks for the post. 

Edit: it looks like even if a death protected character is unshielded hammerpoint doesn't do extra damage, so you might be on to something. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 6 (667 Views)

★★★ Guide
@EA_David If hammerpoint damage would apply on characters in shadow revenant ultimate will be useless.
Message 3 of 6 (651 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, from what I heard back this is intentional, death protection is pretty vulnerable already, so hammerpoint rounds don't do extra to someone in that mode. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 6 (629 Views)

★★ Novice

Guys , going against your own *rulez* is not serious .....enable Armor during it , or make the hammer work ....Hammerpoint was instantly in my mind as a great counter to Revenant's ultimate ....since it is just P20 / mozambique .....not that much players uses it , devs can check statistical records (they must have for sure) .....but at least 1 in the squad(with hammer equipped) can make to regret an enemy player in his pick of Reve . Its a question of fair game , the only reason those 2 weapons ever coming in to mind of players , is the mod that is applayable on it .

Message 5 of 6 (603 Views)

★★★ Guide
@MomSayImSpecial There are some really good counters.
Caustic trap right by the totem, 3 free instant kille.
Destroy totem majority of players won't even notice that they are not shadows.
Termite Granad. And more. Be creative.
Message 6 of 6 (595 Views)