by crinrict

Original Post

Retierees not staying retired

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.36
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a household, retire a sim. Play a separate household or leave the game. When coming back to the household check your retired sims career - they will either be unemployed or in a seemingly randomized career at randomized levels (usually below the diverging path options).
What happens when the bug occurs? I enter a household where sims should be retired but find them either unemployed or in seemingly randomized careers at randomized levels.
What do you expect to see? For retired sims to stay retired, until otherwise commanded.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Something.

Edit Crinrict: Merged threads, removed console tag, fixed template.

Message 2 of 7 (761 Views)

[JTB] Retired sims lose their 'Retired' status after traveling to Batuu

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? n/a
What happens when the bug occurs? Have a retired Sim travel to Batuu and then go home.
What do you expect to see? I expect them to still be Retired when they go home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Journey to Batuu

Retired sims lose their "Retired" status after traveling to Batuu and no longer receive their retirement pay.

The AHQ form did not appear, so I tried to answer as well as I could.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, fixed Template

Message 1 of 7 (782 Views)

Re: [PS] Retierees not staying retired

Hero
@MsMaeve92 Sounds similar to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/JTB-Retired-sims-lose-their-Retired-status-after-traveling-to/...

Wonder if it's happening on all loading screens.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (730 Views)

Re: [JTB] Retired sims lose their 'Retired' status after traveling to Batuu

Hero
@DizzyDee-K Does this only happen for you with batuu travelling or also other travelling ?

There's a more general report here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS-Retierees-not-staying-retired/m-p/9913753 and I wonder if it's the same.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (729 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict This issue had been occurring before Journey to Batuu's release.

Message 5 of 7 (695 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Game says retired sims are unemployed by defualt,.but they will get their pentions.from that job if high enough.  Game only moves played sims into temperary employment options like food cart venders and other venders like though in festivals.  There is a few ex ceptions to the rule, if a players career needs co workers and boss the game will use unemployed sims first not in world than in world and only use playable if unemployed are already in that career.

Edit: I forgot to mention get to work and restursants hospitals and vet clinics can all use played sims, retail stores will use played sims if unemployed or was employed in the part-time retail store job.  Same goes for Restursants will use sims in the cooking career or fast food part-time job.  Both does not matter if restursant is npc ran or player ran.  Player owned restursants that are visited will get money from customers both npc and player customers that visit player restaurants.  Same as retile shops.  Vet Clinics will do the same thing as hospitals in get to work.

Message 6 of 7 (683 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Sid1701d9My sims do not receive their pensions, if the issue has removed their retired status, it's like they've never worked a day in their life.

If the issue has placed the previously retired sim into a career it is a seemingly randomized career at randomized levels (usually below the diverging path options). E.g. Culinary, level 4 Mixologist or Part-Time Manual Laborer, level 2 Landscaper.

I don't want to see my retired sims working at all. Not on a food stall. Not in a restaurant. Isn't that the point of retirement? No more work.

Message 7 of 7 (655 Views)