Re: Restocking Retail Objects, Turns Them To Ash and More

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [GTW] Retail items that are purchased turning into ashes

★★★ Novice

@Massacre-Redrum, did you have "Superfluous Surplus" purchased by any chance?

Not sure if this is causing the bug, but I have not had this problem until I used Superfluous Surplus.

Message 21 of 71 (1,797 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi everyone, I recreated the bug with regards to restocked items becoming burned.

Here's how it happens:

- Have "Superfluous Surplus" active (edit, on another test, even with Superfluous Surplus not active, the bug still happened)

- Sell a merchandise

- Don't restock that sold merchandise

- Save and exit the game

- Open TS4 and load the game

- Restock the sold merchandise

- Eventually, that restocked merchandise will become burned

So, how do you prevent this from happening? Before you exit your game, you must restock your merchandise.

Hope this helps people who encounter this bug.

EDIT: on another test, even with Superfluous Surplus not active, the bug still happened.

Message 22 of 71 (1,720 Views)

★★★ Novice

In my case, when I go to the owned retail store from the manage world mode, the restock sign is ashen. So I haven't had this problem since I started going to the store from the live mode.

Message 23 of 71 (1,681 Views)

Restocking Retail Objects, Turns Them To Ash and More

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This post has been moved.

Message 24 of 71 (1,835 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@thecharsims The turning into ashes has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Retail-items-that-are-purchased-turning-into-ashes/td-p/984984.... Please send your save to EA

Could you edit this to be about the mannequins only ? Best to have one thread per issue in the bug forum even if they might be connected, still sounds a bit different from the ashes.

I would spilt your 5 issues like this:

1& 2 can be in the same thread (post about stuff looking singed in the thread I linked above)
3&4 This thread. Edit everything else out
5: Make yet another thread for that

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 71 (1,779 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@thecharsims I have the same problem with food retail stores
Message 26 of 71 (1,767 Views)

Hero
@Ziafar the ashes or all the other things ?

Please use this thread for the ashes and send your save to EA: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Retail-items-that-are-purchased-turning-into-ashes/td-p/984984...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 71 (1,764 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict
Oh, ok. I wasn't aware that there was a thread about this being an issue on PC for pc players. I did google this issue before making a thread but I only saw a thread regarding this similar bug for console players back in 2020. Apologies.
Are you able to add my thread to the one you linked since you think it's connected? My main issue is with the retail objects turning to ash, not so much about sims turning into mannequins. It was just something that happened a few times while I've been experiencing the issues with my retail lot and figured I'd add it in with this. :-/

If it's ok, I'd like to edit this later on in the week. It's late for me (3:30am) and I just got in from work. I just wanted to check on this thread really fast. To edit this now would take more time than I have. Hopefully, you understand. Thank you.
Message 28 of 71 (1,723 Views)

Hero
@thecharsims But the mannequins not appearing clothed is also happening regularly ? Don't know if that's connected to the ashes and might be good to have another thread for that.

I can only merge whole posts, so just copy/paste the part about the ashes to a new post in the other thread and make this about the mannequins not being clothed, that'd be perfect (whenever you have the time)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 71 (1,715 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm having the same issue but for PC.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?

I have all packs except Vampires and Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?

Own a retail lot and restock items. Specifically, own a clothing store/item shop. Specific items that have turned into ash so far when restocking them, have been toys, voidcritter cards and books. (No inclement weather occurred). This issue has occurred about 90% of the time.
What happens when the bug occurs?

1) Items turn into ash even before restocking is complete, sometimes after restocking is complete and sometimes items are already turned to ash upon loading the lot when they were fine prior to leaving the lot

2) Other items may also appear singed upon loading the lot i.e. (the restock item placement sign that is left after an item is purchased, toys, bikes and electronics have been singed when retail lot is loaded)

What do you expect to see?

I expect for retail lots to function properly. I expect for the restocking function to work properly with items not becoming singed or turning into ash prior to or even after loading a lot or restocking the item.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?

Not now. I've removed them.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure

My above statements best describe the issue I've been having. I do not know if this issue is consistent with other retail lot types, like bakeries. This issue persists without mods and with mods. This issue occurred while testing the functionality of the retail lot on a newly created save.

Message 30 of 71 (1,601 Views)