Repulsor Array - Ruse bugged?

★ Guide

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? smartphone
OS Version android 10
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 349-269-392
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug In fleet arena, I selected the Sun Fac's Geonosian Starfighter, Hyena Bomber and Vulture Droid with the Malevolence as the capital ship and as reinforcement; the Geonosian Spy's Starfighter, the Geonosian Soldier's Starfigher, EbonHawk and Plo Koon's Jedi Starfigher against the Executor with the Hound Tooth, Xanadu Blood and the Razor Crest. For 3 days and after more than 20 attempts, I called the Geonosian Spy's Starfigher with he Xanadu Blood still in stealth as my 1st reinforcement but its taunt ability was always put on the Razor Crest. Is there any bug ?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In fleet arena, I selected the Sun Fac's Geonosian Starfighter, Hyena Bomber and Vulture Droid with the Malevolence as the capital ship and as reinforcement; the Geonosian Spy's Starfighter, the Geonosian Soldier's Starfigher, EbonHawk and Plo Koon's Jedi Starfigher against the Executor with the Hound Tooth, Xanadu Blood and the Razor Crest. For 3 days and after more than 20 attempts, I called the Geonosian Spy's Starfigher with he Xanadu Blood still in stealth as my 1st reinforcement but its taunt ability was always put on the Razor Crest. Is there any bug ?
Connection Type
Please select your region
Country

In fleet arena, I selected the Sun Fac's Geonosian Starfighter, Hyena Bomber and Vulture Droid with the Malevolence as the capital ship and as reinforcement; the Geonosian Spy's Starfighter, the Geonosian Soldier's Starfigher, EbonHawk and Plo Koon's Jedi Starfigher against the Executor with the Hound Tooth, Xanadu Blood and the Razor Crest.

For 3 days and after more than 20 attempts, I called the Geonosian Spy's Starfigher with he Xanadu Blood still in stealth as my 1st reinforcement but its taunt ability was always put on the Razor Crest.

Is there any bug ?

Message 1 of 5 (301 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Repulsor Array - Ruse bugged?

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hi @wharp95 and thanks for the report.

This is not a bug and is working as intended. 

Xanadu Blood Has the Stealth buff which means it will not be targeted directly. While there are other enemies available, they will instead be targeted by the random selection.

Assuming Hounds Tooth is already taunting when you call in your reinforcement, the only other random target for "Repulsor Array - Ruse" would be Razor Crest.

Edit:

Thanks @wharp95 and @SerWulfgar for your valid points.

Having revisited this, noting the behaviour against HMF with "Outmaneuver" and comparing it to Xanadu Blood with "Stealth", the behaviour seems inconsistent. We have now raised this to the team for further investigation.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (265 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hi @wharp95 and thanks for the report.

This is not a bug and is working as intended. 

Xanadu Blood Has the Stealth buff which means it will not be targeted directly. While there are other enemies available, they will instead be targeted by the random selection.

Assuming Hounds Tooth is already taunting when you call in your reinforcement, the only other random target for "Repulsor Array - Ruse" would be Razor Crest.

Edit:

Thanks @wharp95 and @SerWulfgar for your valid points.

Having revisited this, noting the behaviour against HMF with "Outmaneuver" and comparing it to Xanadu Blood with "Stealth", the behaviour seems inconsistent. We have now raised this to the team for further investigation.

Message 2 of 5 (266 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

There is no targeting for the second ship to recieve the taunt. Your argument is horribly flawed. The ingame definition of stealth is "difficult to target" not impossible, mind you, and there is no targeting to talk about. It is randomly selected without getting targeted! We know this mechanic exist when it comes to assists! You can call an untargeted ally (randomly chosen) to assist. Stealth should not be able to prevent debuffs when it comes to random selection. This is flat out wrong.

Message 3 of 5 (248 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_UltraSlidethanks for your answer and If it is working as Intended , so be it, I'm fine with this behavior but I have to be agree with @SerWulfgat, your explanation does not match the ability description in game.

To prevent any other misunderstanding, can the description of the ability in game be updated to match your explanation or allow stealth units to be candidate for the random taunt debuff?

Thanks

Message 4 of 5 (226 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Oh and just to beat the dead horse a little more following this logic Han's Millenium Falcon with Outmaneuver should never recieve the debuff from spy, but we do know that it is not the case.

Message 5 of 5 (211 Views)