Replicator - Lock Out Bug

by Midnight9746

Original Post

Re: [MEGATHREAD] Cannot use Abilities, Inventory or Meds

★★★ Newbie
@XHelperZ the bug seem to happen when you interact with the replicator,
interacting with the replicator would fix also being knock and revive by a teammate also fix the bug.
Message 51 of 91 (373 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It somehow recovered when u r in a middle of a fight or near top last  5 squads. idk how but. any fix for this yet?

Message 52 of 91 (345 Views)

Replicator - Lock Out Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number N/A
Enter RAM memory size in GB N/A
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Midnight9746
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. BigPlayaBoss & Shromz
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? I was Gib
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Big was Fuse, Shrom was Valk (these two are randoms)
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Near one of the locations in which you can raise walls on World's Edge
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Trying to take a crafted item from a replicator
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? I never really tried taking items from replicators that enemies had crafted until today when I had a golden opportunity to
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 5/7/2022 2 PM CST
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? You can't do anything besides shoot, reload, punch, loot items/boxes and open doors
What should be happening instead? Not getting locked out from any of the keybinds or menus
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to take an item an enemy player has crafted moments after its finished, and most likely try taking it several times

It was in the final 3 rings on World's Edge. I heard keyboard typing, (that of someone crafting), and knew an enemy player was using the replicator. I ran up to them, surprised them, killed them, and then tried to take their item they had crafted. The game went "that item belongs to another player". Okay... sure... that's not a problem! Except it was.

The problem is that I didn't notice the item was locked at first, and kept trying to pick it up, and either from the first or several interactions of trying to take this item, ALL my abilities, inventory, healing items, grenades, etc. WERE LOCKED. I couldn't ult, I couldn't use my tactical, I couldn't pull out healing items, I couldn't throw grenades, I couldn't even open up my inventory. All I can do is shoot my guns and punch. That's it (besides being able to open up the healing, grenade, and emote wheels, but they did nothing, and getting into deathboxes, but that only helps so much). The only fix for this was to get knocked and revived by a teammate. (Which I'm assuming respawning would fix it too).

But the bottom line is, this bug shouldn't even be a thing. Let enemy players take crafting items right away. The whole point of locking the items was so your teammates can't be looting gremlin Octanes and snatch up everything you craft. It was a shield battery and the Ash who crafted it wasn't going make any use of it, because they were in a deathbox.

Message 53 of 91 (406 Views)

Re: Replicator - Lock Out Bug

Champion

Hey there @Midnight9746,

This is a known bug and it's being investigated: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/MEGATHREAD-Cannot-use-Abilities-Inventory-or-Meds/m-p/11603777...

Though what you've experienced seems to be much different to what others have been experiencing.

This is still related to the bug I mentioned in that thread, so it would help greatly if you were able to post your experience in that thread so the information is compiled in a single thead.

I know it might be a bit hard, though try to avoid Replicators and Mobile Respawn Beacons as much as you can.

Next to that, in rare cases this bug is caused by deathboxes... which well are a bit harder to avoid using.

Message 54 of 91 (398 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I used the replicator then it got bugged. When i got downed and revived the bug was gone. 

Message 55 of 91 (303 Views)

★ Novice

It's been weeks. How much longer do you need?

Message 56 of 91 (419 Views)

NEW Bug - Keys Not Working (can't use heal/shield/ability/ultimate)

★★ Novice

Since the control mod was ended, I noticed a new bug in the game. Sometimes for no reason, I can't open my inventory, I can't heal myself, I can't add shields, and I can't use my ability and my ultimate. Someone told me in game that in case this happens, crafting an object...might fix the bug, but I haven't tried it yet.

Message 57 of 91 (423 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This issue of not being able 2 use abilities meds or batts has just started 2 occur in my game on PC.

I was using Valkyrie where I could not fly at all or use her ultimate and lost 2 games because I couldn't heal or shield up!!!

I then changed the keyboard out 3 times with extra keyboards and this issue still occurred.

It happened on all three rotational maps.

I did use the replicator on all maps so maybe that's it??

I've owned this game on PC since season 3 and never had this problem or come across this.

I even switched legends and the problem still occurred. 

Hopefully they fix this because 4 me the game is unplayable at this point!!

It is nice 2 know that I am not alone with this problem!!!

This week in July it just started happening!!

Just letting people know thanks!!!

Message 58 of 91 (413 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This bug happened two times now, one i was in the trees in world's edge and the other i was in thermals, when this happened to me, i had crafted a wingman and had entered in the menu of the crafter while sliding, but i have not used any zips in the game at that time, both happened when i was playing Wraith and both i was playing with a complete squad

Message 59 of 91 (351 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Another cause of this. Especially as the legend seer is  swapping guns mid octane jump using the jump pad. Also if your using an enemy lobas black market and po and ult accelerant withing 5 seconds of each other

Message 60 of 91 (345 Views)