Repetition of Get Case Assignment/GTW

by deangranger

Original Post

Repetition of Get Case Assignment/GTW

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? sp09.180
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions Real of Magic Vampires Dine Out Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get Corporal Sim to visit police station and do the "Get Case Assignment" interaction.
What happens when the bug occurs? My Corporal Sim keeps getting "Get Case Assignment" as the objective at the police station, but nothing happens and the objective gets reset. The scenario bar keeps getting full each time the "Get Case Assignment" interaction is completed and reset.
What do you expect to see? I have to get to the next step of the police station/GTW career past the "Get Case Assignment" interaction.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My Corporal Sim keeps getting "Get Case Assignment" as the objective at the police station, but nothing happens and the objective gets reset. The scenario bar keeps getting full each time the "Get Case Assignment" interaction is completed and reset.

Message 1 of 11 (950 Views)

Re: Repetition of Get Case Assignment/GTW

Hero

HI @deangranger 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (916 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict Thank you. I'll try this and let you know of the updates.

Message 3 of 11 (913 Views)

Hero
@deangranger Have you been able to resolve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (851 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi,

After a few repeated visits to the Police Station, it resolved on its own. But it then occurred again when I solved a case and had to get a new case assignment.

It then resolved by itself on the next police station visit. 

I'm playing without any mods. This is quite an interesting issue.

Message 5 of 11 (827 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@deangrangerIts really somewhat annoying in a way sometimes the case assignment might randomly pick a lot that is currently unavailable, like someone dying on the lot or no one lives in that lot. Criminals can't steal from a lot no one lives in. Even commercial lots that may have a autograph going on or could be being used by the medical profession if you play multiple households. I had a case on a cl lot during one of the festivals. You can interact with the festivals like you where there, but couldn't leave the lot except through the police department way of clicking on yourself, or another detective has the lot assigned to them.

Edit I am talking about another played detective.

Message 6 of 11 (806 Views)

Hero
@deangranger
Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (763 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi Crin,

Of course. I'm a bit busy on work so I haven't been online in a while. I'll do the save games upload and share them with you in a couple of days. I hope that's alright. 

The issue doesn't seem to be happening now, however. Well, according to the last time I played the game.

Message 8 of 11 (716 Views)

Hero
@deangranger If it currently doesn't happen atm, then I'd say, let's wait until the next patch (coming June 2nd). That's going to be an EP and usually has lots of changes and especially with self-fixing issues, it might not occur again at all.

So if it occurs again after the upcoming patch, let's revisit then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (688 Views)

★★★ Novice

Awesome. I'm looking forward to the Get Famous Actor gig solution in that patch as well. I'll get back to you if this Case Assignment issue occurs again.

Thank you for your help.

Message 10 of 11 (674 Views)