★★ Newbie

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB
Please select your region Asia
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. welcome screen where you can press 'Space' to enter Fort Tarsis.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 24.June, 2019. Hong Kong Time (GMT+8)
Summarize your bug Cannot enter Fort Tarsis after launching the game, the game repeatedly pops up something like "error reading pilot data", cannot proceed.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? check the status of my account, must be something wrong with my javelin data.
What happens when the bug occurs? cannot enter Fort Tarsis and play the game
What should be happening instead? should be able to enter Fort Tarsis and play

Hello,

I 'm an Anthem player, and I enjoy this game very much. Thanks a lot for your work. However, I 'm now running into a bug that prevents me from playing.

The bug appeared several days ago when I was switching between different javelins in the Forge. All of a sudden I got a message saying something like "error reading pilot data" and the game crashed.

Now every time I launch the game, it repeatedly pops up the same error message, and goes back to Bioware logo, and then the same error message again (I can 't reach the point where I can press 'Space' to join the Fort Tarsis). I 've tried reinstalling origin/the game, launching from another PC, connecting through VPNs, etc. None of them worked.

This bug appears to have nothing to do with my origin account or game purchase, since I can successfully login origin and launch the game. The problem seems to be that there 's some bug in switching javelins that messed up with my Anthem account data.

I reached out for origin support, but they didn 't offer anything useful. I 'm desperate. So I 'm asking if you guys at Bioware could do something about it. Knowing that I 've spent over 500 hours in this game and I have some really good equipment, losing it would be a huge disaster to me. Please, take a look at my account if you can. It should be technically possible to restore my account to a certain point before the bug appeared, right?

Thanks again, and really looking forward to your reply.

My account info:

----------------------------------------

origin account ID: yikisscc

email: [edit: email address removed]

----------------------------------------

Cheers,

Yikisscc

Message 1 of 2 (284 Views)

Re: Repeatedly Popping "Error Loaing Pilot Data", Cannot Enter Fort Ta

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue. I can't get past the title screen and I keep receiving the "error retrieving pilot data" message. This first appeared when I was customizing my Interceptor loadouts. I copied one loadout to make a different one, but the two classes had a visual bug where they would have the same exact appearance, even though I would customize them differently. I deleted one of the classes, recreated it, and then got an error message about "saving pilot data." I was then kicked to the launch screen. Finally, I tried to switch to a different javelin entirely, but the game wouldn't allow me to choose a new javelin. Instead, I was booted to the launch screen again. So, I decided to relaunch the game, and I haven't been able to get back on since. I'm on Xbox btw. 

Message 2 of 2 (183 Views)