Re: My sim has disappeared after using passive

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@CharlieDaisy12I hope she comes back! She's my fav one

Message 12 of 44 (1,384 Views)

Re: My sim has disappeared after using passive

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Abs2491oh no. I hope she comes back, too. My favorite Sim of all time is gone, I literally cried when I had to say good bye, she had a long and complicated storyline. Now I could have kept her. So hopefully you get to have yours back. I really feel it should work that way, but tell the computer that.😂

And it’ll probably get done.✅😉

Message 13 of 44 (1,381 Views)

Re: I lost a passive sim from my portrait

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @Kaila_tsm! Could you please DM me your player ID? This issue is currently being investigated. Thanks for your report!

Message 14 of 44 (1,113 Views)

Somehow My Sim Became A Townie

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone XS
OS Version ???
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you remove a sim without retiring
What do you expect to see? Your sim leaves the family portrait like usual, but then doesn’t appear in the generations list. Instead they are now walking around town doing god knows what like a weird ghost townie.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

Hey everyone,

In my previous post, I had expressed that I have an issue with the retirement function disappearing after making an active sim passive and back again (which is still not solved, so if somebody could help me, that’d be great). 

The problem is, I REALLY need that retirement function because all my houses are getting super crowded. I have made over 50 sims total and they keep getting married and having children, y’all!

Therefore, on complete impulse, I decided to say f*ck it, let’s just remove some (just 2 of them) anyways—assuming that they’d automatically go to the generations list.

NO.

THEY DID NOT GO TO THE GENERATIONS LIST.

At first, I thought maybe they just died and disappeared forever, so I was a bit sad. But then, they showed up again as townies walking by the house or around town. Since they left the family portrait, it made sense that they didn’t live there anymore. But now they’re basically just npc  townies that walk around aimlessly?

I honestly don’t know what to do. I can’t retire sims nor can I remove them.

Send help.

Thanks,

-Fay

Message 15 of 44 (1,199 Views)

Re: Somehow My Sim Became A Townie

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @goddessoffayries!
You are reporting multiple issues:

1. Not being able to retire a sim after making it passive and active again. This issue has been flagged to studio. The workaround until it gets fixed is to wait a couple of days and the retire option becomes available again.
  2. Removing a sim erases it from the family genealogy and transforms it into an NPC. I think this is how the feature is intended to work. You are "kicking the sim out of the family" not retiring it. So it gets removed completely.

Message 16 of 44 (1,178 Views)

★★★ Novice

Removing a sim erases it from the family genealogy and transforms it into an NPC. I think this is how the feature is intended to work. You are "kicking the sim out of the family" not retiring it. So it gets removed completely.

Is this permanent? I did that on accident. How can I fix it?

Message 17 of 44 (1,171 Views)

Hero
@goddessoffayries Make a playable Sim start a relationship with the NPC and then make them marry. The NPC will automatically return to the household. Notice this will only work as long as the NPC is still young.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 18 of 44 (1,162 Views)

★★★ Novice

@SalixCat wrote:
@goddessoffayriesMake a playable Sim start a relationship with the NPC and then make them marry. The NPC will automatically return to the household. Notice this will only work as long as the NPC is still young.

They are technically already married and all their stories have maxed out.

Message 19 of 44 (1,160 Views)

★★★ Novice

@SalixCat wrote:
@goddessoffayriesMake a playable Sim start a relationship with the NPC and then make them marry. The NPC will automatically return to the household. Notice this will only work as long as the NPC is still young.

Ok so in one of my houses I have two couples. Basically two original siblings grew up there and both of them got married to their respective spouses. Nobody is technically retired. At least, I don’t remember retiring anybody.

Anyways, I experienced the bug I mentioned and accidentally removed both wives without retiring, so basically I just kicked them out of the family.

Since you mentioned getting married will get them back together, I was curious if maybe I could divorce them (bc they’re already married obv) and remarry. But then I noticed another weird bug where one of the wives I removed was acting like she was retired so it wouldn’t work. No one else is acting this way even though the same happened to them. But like....if she was retired, she should have gone to the generations list??????????

im so confused ???????????????????

Message 20 of 44 (1,138 Views)