Original Post

Highlighted

Removing of wild plants

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EL, DU, IL, GF, Seasons (disabled), IL, C&D, GT, GtW, RoM, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood (disabled), Dineout, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Laundry Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Backyard stuff, Romantic Garden, Perfect Patio Stuff, Holiday Celebration, Grimms Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game, watch the spawn (wild plants) spots.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims autonomously remove wild plants. This bug was already reported, but the thread was reopened, and then closed, and the manager asked for a new thread to be opened... So I am doing that. (You can see that thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Sims-autonomously-removing-wild-plants/td-p/8016368)
What do you expect to see? Sims not autonomously removing wild plants.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch: 1.63.134.1020

Since the latest patch, my sims are autonomously cueing up to remove wild plants (luckily I have caught them... most the time). I have experienced this in 3 different saves (which I was testing). Brand new games (vanilla), did the delete thumbcache, and repair, and new folder (all as suggested)- none of which stopped the issue. Again, this bug has been a long-standing one, and I did make a thread (which had 50 "me too's", and three pages of people responding the same issue was happening for them). The thread asked that a new report be made, so I did. Not sure why it asked for a new thread when crinrict usually tells people to post in old threads, and moves their posts to those old threads.. Guessing the way things are done changed? Glad to post a new thread though Standard smile

Message 1 of 4 (1,014 Views)

Re: Removing of wild plants

★★★ Newbie

I started a new game last night in Evergreen Harbor, and the first thing my sim did when pressing play was go to pull up one of the two wild soy plants. I was able to stop her that time, but I won't be able to stop the NPCs, and now that I think about it, in my last Evergreen Harbor save, the wild soy plants ended up disappearing. Maybe this is why. Maybe NPCs pulled them up. Fingers crossed they fix this soon.

Message 2 of 4 (954 Views)

Hero
@meggins195 Does your Sim have the Green Fiend trait ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (939 Views)

★ Novice

My problem is exactly the opposite. I set my sim to remove wild plants and she removes the plant, walks about 20 feet, and returns to remove it again. I've seen her walk back and forth between two wild pineapples for 15 minutes. Oh, and the plants are still there after all that.

does anybody have a clue as to wtf is happening?

Message 4 of 4 (749 Views)