Removing floors in round rooms affects adjacent areas

by bizuktag

Original Post

Removing floors in round rooms affects adjacent areas

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Modern Menswear
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a rectangular room. Place a round room inside that room. Remove the floor from the round room.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you remove the floor of a round room placed inside of another room, part of the floor of the larger adjacent room is also removed.
What do you expect to see? The floor in the adjacent room is not affected by the round room's floor removal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The July 26th patch that added curved walls.

I was trying to build a curved upstairs walkway open to the the lower level. I built a room, then a round room inside of it, and then removed the floor of the round room. Part of the walkway by the curved wall disappeared.

I've done a little bit of testing and found:

- If you place floor tiling in the round room and the adjacent room, the floors appear correct
- If you remove the floor from the rectangular room, the round room is unaffected
- If you remove the floor from the round room, a diagonal cutout of floor in the adjacent room disappears

This is also happening on ground floor rooms, so it's not limited to upper spaces. Something about the curved wall boundaries/cutout seem to be wrong when you remove the floor of a round room, as though it's seeing diagonal walls instead of curved.

(If you right click and open the images in a new tab they should show at a larger size)

07-27-22_9-17-02 AM.png07-27-22_9-17-52 AM.png

07-27-22_9-36-35 AM.png07-27-22_9-36-38 AM.png

Message 1 of 3 (1,777 Views)

Re: Removing floors in round rooms affects adjacent areas

★ Guide
@bizuktag This is unfortunately not a new bug, but has been the case ever since round fences were added to the game. Also happens when you place a round fence or room on top of a foundation. I assume that because the flooring is usually selected as rectangle or triangle the game automatically removes the ceiling in these forms as well.
Message 2 of 3 (1,761 Views)

Re: Removing floors in round rooms affects adjacent areas

★★★★★ Apprentice

Oh, that's frustrating - maybe minimizes the chances of it being fixed if it'sbeen around that long.

I've never really built with round fences so I hadn't spotted the issue before now. Thanks for the info!

Message 3 of 3 (1,745 Views)