Re: Remove Retribution

by EA_Ataashi

Original Post

Remove Retribution

★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Retribution is the most broken anything I have ever seen in a videogame. Theres multiple ways retirbution can be extremely unfair. I've tried almost everything to contact EA to tell them how broken it is and the only solution
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? okmarket
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug?
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone? EAT - GMT + 3:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Encounter anakin when hes using retribution
What happens when the bug occurs? If your a hero, pray to god that no blasters would be shooting at you while you defenselessly be choked in the air and incapable of escaping in any way. If you manage to survive, well don't expect such a victory because a big chunk of your health is gone. And don't think dodging retribution is the solution to escaping if you're a blaster hero, because unless you're focusing on Anakin 24/7, then you probably won't expect him to hit you with retribution. And if your a trooper don't worry, you will just die.
What do you expect to see? Retribution being removed and Anakin actually bringing balance to the game.
Please select your region South America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

As i described mostly in the "What happens..." part, Anakins retribution is not a good ticket to peaceful town when it comes to being a hero and being choked in front of 10 troopers firing at you. Don't have to take my word for it. Watch these links below and tell me seriously that there's nothing wrong with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2jSSLkBodY
^no way to dodge as a blaster hero and just a pure killstreak killer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUgRpHFqTx0
^this one up here is a perfect example. The separatists were about to win on just capturing the zone, all Anakin has to do is walk to the middle and hit the retribution button. Once that's achieved the Anakin player just has to sit back and watch 14 people being choked at once and they can't do anything to fight back. All they can do is cry knowing that they've come through 3 different stages all leading to one retribution and losing the game.

Message 1 of 2 (328 Views)

Re: Remove Retribution

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @datdude00721 

While I don't think DICE plan to completely remove this ability, there's always place for tweaks and adjustments.

Yes, Retribution can cause a lot of frustration for players going against skilful Anakins, but I am sure developers are monitoring the situation and will know when it becomes too OP.

That being said, thank you for sharing your feedback with us! Standard smile

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 2 (308 Views)