Re: Relationships Building Up

by crinrict

Original Post

Relationships Building Up

★★ Novice

Whenever my sims' romances change, they just tack on a new relationship type underneath all the others instead of changing them. Here's an example of what I'm talking about.

While I expect to have spouse and best friends there, there should only be one of the others. This is only happening with romance; only one type of friendship will display.

This bug isn't isolated to one sim or even one save file. If I start a new game it'll still happen. However, it only seems to happen when the relationship drops, not when it's first going up. If the romance drops but then goes up again, they aren't removed. I haven't noticed it happening from natural decay, only decay caused by negative interactions between the sims.

Message 1 of 4 (271 Views)

Hero

That is indeed rather weird.

Are you using any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (267 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Just two mods. One of them (buyable mailboxes) was added in after the bug started to occur, so it's obviously not the cause.

I've tested to see if the other (relationship decay mod) was the cause by uninstalling it and starting a new, clean save, but it was still happening.

Message 3 of 4 (259 Views)

Hero

Did you clean out the cache files after deleting the mod ? Maybe even try on a fresh user folder for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (256 Views)