by LonaBoom

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Relationship and Flirt Bug , Hidden Romance

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Outdoor Retreat , Spa Day , Dine Out , Parenthood , Jungle Adventure , StrangerVille , Star Wars: Journey to Batuu , Get to Work , Get Together , City Living , Cats & Dogs , Seasons , Get Famous , Island Living , Discover University , Eco Lifestyle , Snowy , Escape , Cottage Living , Tiny Living , My First Pet , Fitness , Toddler , Vintage Glamour , Bowling Night , Backyard , Kids Room , Romantic Garden , Cool Kitchen , Luxury Party , Throwback fit kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By checking your sims friendship
What happens when the bug occurs? Strange interaction between two sims who never met or know each other, it's like their relationship is hidden and I can't see it, but this one was different because the sims never met him or even dated him and there is no relationship history of them at all
What do you expect to see? Really strange behavior between two sims that are not dating or even have a romance bar from what I can see but it's like it's hidden for the player not to see . Also very over the top flirty sims sometimes will spawn at sims house looking for romance but they don't have a friendship or a romance with that sim at all. (( I removed all the MODS from my game before I installed Cottage Living and haven't put them back into the game )) my game is without MODS
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

I have noticed often sims have hidden romances we can't see , I started noticing that last year when one of my sims who was married was always appearing in place like s stalker to a female sims and wasn't happy about his nephew dating this female sims , it was like he was dating her but when I looked at his relationship bar with her there was nothing and his also married.

In this screenshot you can see one of the twin brothers have a close friendship with this female sims and also a romance relationship a little, after a while his twin brother spawns in at that same location very flirty like his looking for romance , I just moved this sims into her new house and she didn't know his twin brother at all. 

Why is he spawning in and what is up with the hidden romance between the sims , I have noticed that but never wrote about it but today was too much.

crazy bugsims 4B.png

crazy bugsims 4C.png

Message 1 of 5 (601 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Relationship and Flirt Bug , Hidden Romance

Champion
@LonaBoom since you've got Eco Lifestyle, perhaps you're playing in a neighbourhood that has the Free Love Neighbourhood Action Plan (NAP) enabled? That causes auto romance actions.

Maybe they did enough of those to get an unlocked romance bar, but they never officially introduced each other to themselves? I get that sometimes with just friend bars filling a little bit from sims in group conversations, so they technicaly get a tiny bit of relationship with somebody, but they never introduced themselves formally, so they don't have any other interactions.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (578 Views)

All Replies

Champion
@LonaBoom since you've got Eco Lifestyle, perhaps you're playing in a neighbourhood that has the Free Love Neighbourhood Action Plan (NAP) enabled? That causes auto romance actions.

Maybe they did enough of those to get an unlocked romance bar, but they never officially introduced each other to themselves? I get that sometimes with just friend bars filling a little bit from sims in group conversations, so they technicaly get a tiny bit of relationship with somebody, but they never introduced themselves formally, so they don't have any other interactions.
Message 2 of 5 (579 Views)

★★ Guide
@simvasion I've always kept my NAP off because that was a little too crazy for me to deal with, but I believe when I do a resetting of my game , me calling myself clearing out any bugs like deleting caches files , I always have to before even playing my game turn the NAP off again and this did happen in thea city for Eco Lifestyle, it's just strange how this stuff still happens in the game.
Message 3 of 5 (540 Views)

★★ Guide
@simvasion The other ones happen in other cities like at a club but that NAP is a mess
Message 4 of 5 (537 Views)

★★ Guide
@simvasion Also I forgot to say this , he spawned at her house.
Message 5 of 5 (523 Views)