Rejoining career at low level doesn't reset requirements until new lot is loaded

by letraxSE

Original Post

Rejoining career at low level doesn't reset requirements until new lot is loaded

★★★★ Novice

This is kind of similar/related to the "Rejoining a branched career" bug.

I'm not sure if we're even supposed to rejoin a career at a lower level or not, but if we are there is another problem:

As I have been playing the Renaissance Sim aspiration I have been moving back and forth between a few careers, and am now doing the Writer career again – rejoining at the first level (the first time I quit once I had reached the fourth level).

At the second level I noticed that I didn't get promoted even though I tried 3 or 4 workdays in a row and even though every requirement appeared to be filled (one of them involved writing a book, which I had done the first time around). It wasn't until I visited another lot in one of the free days and eventually returned back home that I realized that the requirement to write a book was now unfulfilled, which explained why I hadn't been promoted yet.

Now I was finally promoted to the third level, and once again it looked like all the promotion requirements (apart from the daily task) were already filled. This includes the requirement "self-publish 2 books", which I had completed the first time in the career. I suspected that the same thing had happened again, that the requirements hadn't been visually reset, so I immediately moved to another lot and had a new look at the Career tab. Yep, that updated the requirements, so the number of self-published books now say 0/2 completed.

Message 1 of 3 (899 Views)

Re: Rejoining career at low level doesn't reset requirements until new lot is lo

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (877 Views)

Re: Rejoining career at low level doesn't reset requirements until new lot is lo

Hero

@letraxSE Do you know if this issue has been fixed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (734 Views)