Rejoin Match Feature Seems to be Broken

★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Zotac GeForce GTX 1660Ti Non-AMP
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? BlackCastleX
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Server Selection Screen
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Trying to rejoin a match because of internet connection dropping
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Don't know
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Every time internet drops for a few second
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? The rejoining match feature seems to be broken. Respawn introduced this a few seasons back where if your net drops for a few seconds and you get kicked out of the match because of this and after a few seconds, the connection stabilizes again, you would be able to rejoin the match. But now, my connection has dropped quite a few times in this season, and not once have I been able to rejoin.
What should be happening instead? Should be able to rejoin like before.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea. Maybe try dopping your net for a few seconds and wait until you are sent back to the server loading screen and try rejoining the match by clicking on the server

The rejoining match feature seems to be broken. Respawn introduced this a few seasons back where if your net drops for a few seconds and you get kicked out of the match because of this and after a few seconds, the connection stabilizes again, you would be able to rejoin the match. But now, my connection has dropped quite a few times in this season, and not once have I been able to rejoin.

Message 1 of 5 (424 Views)

Re: Rejoin Match Feature Seems to be Broken

Community Manager

Hi @BlackCastleX

Are you getting a specific error message when you're trying to rejoin? If so, what's the full error you've been seeing? 

Kent.png
Message 2 of 5 (360 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_Kent  I did get some messages but don't remember the specifics. As far as I can recall, one message was like "The match has ended" or something like that which isn't possible because I was only out for about 30-50 seconds and was only 3 mins into the match. A match takes about at least 12-15 mins to end provided someone cleared out the lobby really fast but only 2-3 mins into the match and got kicked out because of the connection dropping and after 30-40 seconds or less, the connection stabilizes and I try to join but not being able to and specially when I get a message saying that the match had ended doesn't make sense. I got some other long errors besides the match endings but those were too long to remember and also I didn't record any gameplay, but I will try to post an update with a screenshot of the error message. I stopped recording gameplay from last year, so keeping a screenshot of the error kinda slipped from my mind.

Message 3 of 5 (356 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It kicks me out of my ranked games and gives me penalties and removes points and now its freezing me and wont let me leave match even after the match is over ive had hundreds of points removed and i wish to have them back please

Message 4 of 5 (350 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the info!

Can we try running through some troubleshooting to see if we can help stop this from happening? 

A good place to start would be with the basic and advanced connectivity steps from the EA Help website. Let me know if you're still running into the same issues afterward. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 5 of 5 (309 Views)