Reintroducing my sim to same townies

by NecroTheAwkward

Original Post

Reintroducing my sim to same townies

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, City Living, Eco Lifestyle, Get Together, Cats and Dogs, Discover University, Seasons, Dream Home Decorator, Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Bowling Night, Movie Hangout, Luxury Party, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your sim know a lot of other sims, and do a lot of decorator gigs, and eventually you'll have to reintroduce yourself to clients in houses you have definitely renovated before. s
What happens when the bug occurs? I click on a sim that I am 100% sure my sim has met and talked to before, and it only gives me the option to introduce myself in the four different ways, Mean, Funny, Proper, and Friendly.
What do you expect to see? Regular conversation selections, like Brighten Day or Get to Know
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim is a top level interior decorator, at least I assume so by the fact that every time she gets the promotion moodlet, her job title stays the same and I don't get a notification for it, which could in and of itself be another bug, but this reintroduction one is really annoying. I've had to reintroduce myself to the Caliente household like twice now, and one of my sim's friends, Darling Walsh, came over and hung out, and I thought everything was fine, until I went to chat with her, and it gave me the introduction options instead. While she was at my sim's house. Eating my sim's chili. Rocking in my sim's rocking chair. My sim definitely knows a lot of other sims, and maybe a sim can only know so many sims at a time, but this just seems a little outrageous to me. She ate my chili and it says I have to introduce myself to her?!

Message 1 of 5 (590 Views)

Re: Reintroducing my sim to same townies

Hero
@NecroTheAwkward Do they still show properly in your relationship panel ?

Also, while it doesn't sound like it, to be sure, do you play rotationally with other households or just this one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (553 Views)

Hero

@NecroTheAwkward 

The game does cull relationships so if you haven't interacted with a particular sim for a long time, the relationship will decay and eventually be culled since it got so low.  There is a threshold where they don't get culled so work on your relationships and try to get them to the friend level and then to keep them there.  Another thing that can happen is you can be talking to a sim and haven't gotten a high enough relationship yet and the culling routine will run (usually late at night/early morning) and then you have to start all over again and introduce yourself and do it again.

There is a way in the game to prevent it though.  Have your sim work on the Popularity aspiration, Friend of the World.  The reward trait you get for completing that aspiration is Beloved.  Once you earn that trait, your relationships will no longer decay and be culled.  

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 5 (534 Views)

★★★ Novice

No, they no longer show up in my relationships panel. I haven't fully played with other households, but I went in with the ones I placed in newcrest to give them all careers and make sure they all had enough beds and stuff. And regardless of relationship culling, having someone who has supposedly been culled form my relationship panel come to my house, hang out, and eat my chili? That sounds a bit wacky to me.

Message 4 of 5 (522 Views)

Hero
@NecroTheAwkward It could be this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-forget-already-existing-relationships/td-p/6887782/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (502 Views)