Re: Reinforcement (not summoned) Vulture Droid not assisting vs unit with buzzdr

by MissRobotoDN

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Reinforcement (not summoned) Vulture Droid not assisting vs unit with buzzdroids

[ Edited ]

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsung
OS Version Android 11
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 945-984-121
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Summarize your bug Vulture droids called as reinforcements (not summoned) do not always assist when a separatist or droid ally attacks a unit with buzzdroids. I can say for sure that a Vulture droid in the staring lineup does always assist.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Most likely to be seen starting a malevolence fleet with, say, Hyena, Hounds Tooth and Sun Fac then calling Vulture Droid as a reinforcement.
Connection Type
Please select your region
Country

I've seen several reports about vultures not assisting since the recent "fix" which are often dismissed as being either because summoned vultures only have a 70% chance to assist (which I only found out recently, honestly this is so badly signposted in-game) or because of a visual bug where a unit appears to still have buzzdroids when they have actually been cleansed.

However, it does seem like the recent change means we're getting fewer assists, my feeling is that maybe the replacement vulture (called when the original vulture is destroyed) was previously getting a 100% chance to assist and is now getting the 70% chance but fixing that has broken reinforcement vultures and they are also now only getting the 70% chance.

In the attached video you can clearly see at the 0:59 mark that the summoned vulture (on the left) does assist when hyena attacks (proving the visual bug is not happening here) but the vulture called as reinforcement (on the right) does not - this is broken - my vulture droid has maxed abilities so it should always assist vs a unit with buzzdroids.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 1 of 9 (716 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Reinforcement (not summoned) Vulture Droid not assisting vs unit with buzzdr

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hi guys, @Player_dlemb9so thanks for uploading the video.

We have now reproduced this and reported it to the team for further investigation.

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (615 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide
@aFuriousPorpoise I am also having this issue with my reinforcement Vulture Droid not assisting 100% of the time
Message 2 of 9 (690 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi there,

Would it be possible to upload your video to Youtube and then link it here?

We have attempted to reproduce what you have described today, both with the Vulture Droid in the starting lineup and as a reinforcement, but were unable to.

Is there any other information that might help us to reproduce this?

Message 3 of 9 (660 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_UltraSlide https://youtu.be/e5KDKWtCrng i uploaded his/her video

Message 4 of 9 (658 Views)

Thank you @Player_dlemb9so I wasn't going to create a youtube account just for that.

@EA_UltraSlidehow many times did you try? If it's getting the 70% chance to assist you might need to try several times for it to happen.

Message 5 of 9 (629 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hi guys, @Player_dlemb9so thanks for uploading the video.

We have now reproduced this and reported it to the team for further investigation.

Message 6 of 9 (616 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Can we please get an update on where the fix for this issue is at?

My arena shard used to be an even split between Malevolence and Negotiator in the top20. Since the "fix"/es patched in over the last few weeks, I am usually the only Malevolence in top10 with only 1 or 2 others in top20.

I can confirm this issue affects the base Vulture Droid, both when in primary line up and when reinforced. It should assist every time a separatist ally attacks an enemy with buzz droids. All too often, I have seen summoned vultures assist while my base vulture sits twiddling its manipulators. (No daze in play.)

Fleets I used to wipe the floor with I now struggle with or have to avoid completely as my team is now broken, meaning I am earning far fewer crystals than normal.

Clearly this is negatively impacting the meta (going from even distribution of fleets to 90% GR) which is not healthy for the game and will also be disillusioning players who have invested a huge amount of time and resources into farming a team only to have it broken by CG - why would they want to keep playing?

I'm also noting all the threads detailing this issue being marked "solved" when the issue has not been fixed - why is this?

Please address this urgently.

PS - for other Malevolence fleets struggling, try using a 3 tank initial line up (HT, Hyena, Sun Fac.) It's not as easy as the vulture/hyena/sun fac combo was but is working better for now.

Message 7 of 9 (545 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Me too, been having the same problem in fleet arena for the past couple of days now. Lost battles with no assists, additional dodges... I can understand if it was a tweak.... but this has made the fleet far less viable as a Negotiator counter.

I lost a fleet battle in TW today with a complete lack of assists.

I can't see a post regarding any update in the forums referring to this.... unless someone can point it out to me. 

I hope we get some news/info/comms on what's going on.

I posted a query in the general section of the forum to ask if others are having the same issue .... other members of my guild appear to be having the same problem with Malevolence fleets having minimal and at times no assists when opponent ships have buzz droids on them. 

Message 8 of 9 (512 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I can confirm that the player owned Vulture Droid does not always assist on targets with buzz droids.  I switched my Vulture Droid from my starting lineup to a reinforcement and very often my Vulture Droid does not assist. 

Please resolve this issue as it was working properly until the assist of the summoned vulture droid was "corrected".  

If needed, I can reproduce and provide a video.

Thanks.

Message 9 of 9 (447 Views)