Re: Refresh Rate bug

by Manolocox

Original Post

Re: Runs INSANELY poorly on Index on a 1080TI

★★ Novice

@bredsfx wrote:

So it looks like the game engine is so f*cked up, that they limited the physics update frequency to 30 in order to save on the CPU load... Otherwise the vast majority of potential customers wouldn’t be able to play the game even at "60 fps", which is - obviously - unacceptable.

GL EA for the upcoming frostbite 3 VR titles!

Surely it has to be that these are tricks they used to get the game to run in PSVR on an OG(?) PS4

Which is probably quite impressive. Its just a touch of a shame it runs like a dog everywhere else.

Message 611 of 732 (2,581 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@f00tmasterNo the Frosbite engine runs just fine at 200+fps on other titles (you can play Battlefield or Battlefront on low with 200 fps on a fast PC and those 200 frames are real and it's smooth as butter).

I have never seen anyone massacre the Frosbite engine the way those guys did here.

Message 612 of 732 (2,525 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It seems like they limited the engine on purpose.  So you have to wonder if the frame rate is tied to other in game events, cross play or PSVR.  Even if it didn't flat out break the game, like in this case, it seems like a big mistake to do this to nowadays?  Consoles have small upgrades over their generation and new consoles are backwards compatible.  Sometimes you hear software developers say something that sends up a red flag.  Like if there is a bug in the code and somebody says "It works when I put in debug prints, I'll just add Thread.sleep(...)."    I feel like somebody saying "I'll just lock it to 60 FPS" on a game development team would set off all kinds of alarms.  

Message 613 of 732 (2,419 Views)

★★ Novice

More than asking 60fps indeed make the game totally choppy...

I've tested many settings, as I've a 2080TI and an FHD G-Sync Monitor, I should be able to get high FPS...

But the problem is in the game code... !

Please EA, fix that...

Thank you

Message 614 of 732 (2,058 Views)

★★ Apprentice

No fix ? Come on it been 3 weeks now... I just want to play the game I've paid for

Message 615 of 732 (1,055 Views)

★ Apprentice

It would be nice to play again

Message 616 of 732 (993 Views)

★ Apprentice

I know! I'm dying to play this game. Not refunding, just waiting it out. But I'm sure it's a relatively hard thing to fix - getting higher frames rates steady in VR and on screen, and not breaking what already works.

But yeah, I hope the update is soon!!

Message 617 of 732 (796 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hello, it's me, Voidmeat. Just checking in, hoping we could maybe get a quote from someone on the engineering side regarding the nature of the issue.

Hopefully we will one day have crispy high refresh pew pew time. Its lackthereof may be understandable, but its intended nature could really do with some commentary from Motive internally. 

Best

Message 618 of 732 (759 Views)

★ Guide

Apparently this is more important:

https://twitter.com/EAStarWars/status/1320787732176769027

Message 619 of 732 (703 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Voidmeat Yea... it seems we may be waiting another week, or 2 weeks, or a month.... It would be nice to have some sort of status update on the refresh rate bug EA...
Message 620 of 732 (681 Views)