Re: Refresh Rate bug

by VeryBigLouis

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

All versions of the game have it. They broke something in Frosbite engine.

Message 121 of 732 (1,041 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Lets hope we hear something today. I’m itching to play

Message 122 of 732 (855 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same here - the game is too good to be wasted in stuttery gameplay.

But I can't wait to get back in the fight!

Message 123 of 732 (822 Views)

★ Guide

I want to play the version that all the reviewers and youtubers have, funny how everythings amazing for them.

Message 124 of 732 (786 Views)

★ Guide

Would be great if the devs could give us an ETA, or at least let us know that they are working on an actual fix for this. 

Message 125 of 732 (1,100 Views)

★ Guide

Nah its by design there is no fix Wink

I hope I'm joking...

Worringly it does look alot like when you play the GTA5 VR mod, that uses alternative eye rendering or something so theres always a ghost image...I really hope thats not what they've used here for VR...

The fact it also doesnt work on higher refresh monitors in the same way gives me some hope that thats not the problem.

You'd think it would be an easy fix. Revert whatever changes you made from the version you sent out to reviewers....

Message 126 of 732 (1,086 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah I'm sure it can be fixed because if VR reviewers had this problem and not one of them noticed, they need to reconsider doing VR reviews lol

Message 127 of 732 (1,036 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Spyle These noticed, https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/10/you-should-wait-for-a-patch-before-buying-eas-star-wars-squad...
yeah most reviews only skim over the technical side of things. More bothered about gameplay.
Message 128 of 732 (995 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is the most frustrating bug I can remember encountering at a game launch. Mostly because I was so looking forward to this game for months, since it was announced. Finally a game worthy of my VR headset...

It's frustrating that I can't play this game in VR because of this bug, no refresh rate option works at an acceptable game experience for me with the Index, the motion smoothing is not very smooth.

It's frustrating that seemingly other people are stating that their experiences are smooth as butter, incredible etc.

It's frustrating that the development have not made any statement about this bug or that a fix is on the way.

Part of me is beginning to wonder if the forced motion blur which cannot be turned off in VR is an attempt to mask this problem, I find it almost impossible to believe that this bug was not known to the development team prior to launch. 

Come on, you have customers that have bought this product to to use on their PC VR headsets, those headsets require higher refresh rates than 60hz, get this acknowledged and state your intentions to fix it.

Message 129 of 732 (868 Views)

★ Guide
@SupaDupaN00b I completely agree with you, this bug is one of the most annoying I encountered in a while. I was so looking forward to this game and now it's pretty much unplayable in VR. But even more annoying is the silence of the devs regarding this issue. This thread is by far the most active of the current bug reports, but we don't even get an acknowledgement let alone any indication if they are working on this.
Message 130 of 732 (861 Views)