Redeeming Google Play Store Points stopped working

★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsung Galaxy S10
OS Version Android
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 934582253
What type of issue do you have? Missing Rewards
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Redeeming google play store points stopped working. Speaking of the small and large galactic enhancement kits. Redeemed them 3 times then the next attempt for both never was captured ingame. Opened a ticket at google support, went through several trouble shooting steps as reinstall, emptying cache, force close, time change to force a server synch etc. Nothing helped. Then opened a ticket at EA support. Three hours of time later I got the answer -> we cannot help you please make a post as a bug report here
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It seems to be a technical issue. I cannot redeem again at google play store because there the message is prompted that I have to open swgoh again before being able to redeem again. Google thinks that the redeem rewards where not claimed ingame and they block any further redeems.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Germany

EA case number for reference 64805705

Message 1 of 22 (2,581 Views)

Re: Redeeming Google Play Store Points stopped working

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Sorkip29 and sorry to hear that.

On the surface of it, this does not sound like an issue in-game. What day did you have difficulty redeeming Google Play Store Points? We can see that 5 purchases went through and were received on 30/08/2020, the last of these being at 11:24:41pm GMT+0100. Did you attempt to redeem Google Play Store Points after this time?

Have you been able to redeem Google Play Store points on any other app? 

Message 2 of 22 (2,549 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello,

in summary I had 7 redeems the last days. the last two ones are missing ingame. 1 Small and 1 Large Galactic Enhancement Kit.

I cannot redeem for swgoh anything new as the google play store says I have to open swgoh again before they allow me to do so.

Clearly I opened swgoh a lot times since then but there is nothing received. So I'm stuck now.

I checked it for another app I'm playing (not EA) and there it worked and the redeemed items are received.

Message 3 of 22 (2,543 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Thanks for the additional info. We will look into this further.

Message 4 of 22 (2,536 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Sorkip29 

The team is still looking at this but keep in mind that there could be a delay due to the Labor Day holiday. We will reach out if we need anything else.

Message 5 of 22 (2,460 Views)

★★★ Novice

It would even be ok for me if the last two redeems are lost as long as redeeming in general will work again. If this helps with a solution...

Message 6 of 22 (2,455 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Sorkip29 I have sent you a PM.

Message 7 of 22 (2,406 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Sorkip29,

sending you a PM in a minute.

Message 8 of 22 (2,350 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem for me. Purchase two days ago

Message 9 of 22 (2,164 Views)

Redeeming of google play store points take weeks for one redeem

★★★ Novice

I raised a request for help already months ago. EA_Highcommand was answering for time but then stopped trying to help me.

The problem: I simply want to redeem my google playstore points. But this does not work or work with weeks of delay to receive a redeem on my mobile phone (ingame). 

Google support says -> this is a EA/CG problem as they send out the data. I do not know what EA or CG support thinks, as I never got real help. Only answers they will ask again the developers etc.

I invested a good amount of money in this game and would really appreciate somehow really trying to help me with this technical issue.

Message 10 of 22 (2,134 Views)