Re: Recurring TW Bug causing sporadic crashes (5/22/19) (5/26/19) & (6/5/19)

by Darth_Intrepidus

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Mine crashed as well today in Geo TB, was in the intermission between wave 2 and 3.

Message 61 of 79 (1,052 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Game just crashed twice in phase 3 of TB

Message 62 of 79 (1,031 Views)

★★ Novice

As it seems they have no intention of getting off their thumbs to fix this.I have lost many PvP and now Geo ship battle for my guild.is losing points.as it stands now it starting to crash after login .

Message 63 of 79 (1,023 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@southernkight 

They can’t fix it... they just don’t care enough about us to even make an announcement about it... to them, this is not an issue... the game is very much WAI... as long as you don’t play on an old device, like the iPhone 6. You can compare it to an old computer from 1995 still using Windows 95, trying to run a game designed for the requirements of a 2019 computer... the game works just fine... it’s the computer that is obsolete! This is why they don’t recognize this an issue and also why they don’t respond to these types of reports... makes no sense to respond as in their opinion, there is NO issue

I just entered a fleet mission in Geo TB... and the game crashed

I then proceeded to enter three combat missions in Geo TB and the game crashed on all three of them... 4 battles... 4 crashes! I have become a burden to my guild now and will probably have to leave and find a less competitive guild while I save up $2,000 for a new iPhone XS Max 

I get crashes in TBs, TWs, GAs, GACs, Events, While messing with mods, Raids etc... the game is 95% unplayable for me on my iPhone 6 Plus

Message 64 of 79 (1,018 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm using iPad mini 2 and had all of my Geo TB missions crashed mostly at launch of the battles.

Message 65 of 79 (988 Views)

★★ Apprentice

While reading on the EA forum it has been brought ot my attention that there was an official statement on this issue during the last Q&A:

Q: On IOS devices when attempting a Territory War the game shuts down going into battle. When will we see a hot patch fix for this? -ScottDeluia

A: CG_Carrie: If you're on a very old iOS device, we're aware that the performance issues have been getting subsequently worse. We are seeing this on iPad 2 and iPhone 4S in particular, and it may be that we aren't able to maintain the performance for the number of people on those devices. There was an asset download stalling/hang issue that got worse in the last update that we are fixing in TU16 (next big client update). But as we move forward, we also may need to start blacklisting or highly recommending alternate devices for those that are 6-8 years old. It's the nature of the growth of the game over time and the things we're doing to add to the experience as technologies evolve.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/205068/developer-q-a-may-29th

Message 66 of 79 (953 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Be that as it may... there is a HUGE difference between the iPhone 4 and iPhone 6 and 7 - unless I am missing something?

Stating that this issue pertains only to devices that are now looked upon as relics (iPhone 4s in particular) and older devices 6-8 years old... the iPhone 6 Plus is only 3-4 years old. It was released in September 2015 (3.5 years ago)

So, how does that fit into the whole “6-8 year old devices are obsolete” statement? I have even seen people report this issue on an iPhone 7 as well.

This is just typical CG, or any other company for that matter, to answer a question without really answering it... 

Message 67 of 79 (941 Views)

★ Novice

It’s still happening. TW crashed 3 times in an hour I hit the Battle button. I lost 2 teams. 

Message 68 of 79 (884 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Great it just happend once again, now during GAC. Lost my padme team.. missed out on clearing 2 zones, had to waste JKR to kill his Gg squad instead of his DR.

I even played on another tablet that i havent thad any issues with...

Are you guys ever going to admit there are issues,and will solve this once and for all..

This happens 10/10 when a TW is open, makes me hate TW coz it crashes there too ofc.

Thanks for murdering the game experience once more. Ill ask for some refunds of my last expenses.

Message 69 of 79 (839 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This has been happening for months ever since they released a QoL update. Apple automatically shuts down apps that are leaking too much memory. It’s an apple problem and it’s also a Swgoh problem. Some tech guy read the scripts of his crash and confirmed it. There’s nothing anyone can do but reset your ram and open the game fresh everytime before doing an important battle. I haven’t been able to complete one new TB battle and it becomes especially bad if my phone is on low battery or becomes hot from high brightness. It’s also sketchy in GAC if you’ve checked TW map first. Basically you’re * and have to buy a new phone if you want to enjoy the game again. 

Message 70 of 79 (804 Views)