Re: Recurring TW Bug causing sporadic crashes (5/22/19) (5/26/19) & (6/5/19)

by Greenery80

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice
@ceresdiablito I’ve actually starting trying out that trick. Open tw map, battle quickly, force close, restart app, repeat.

It seems to work for the most part. But the game still seems unstable and crashes even when on the main cantina screen or even while looking at your toons inventory, requesting gear, in guild chat etc.
Message 41 of 79 (1,269 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, battle - force close game - battle - force close game - battle - force close game ... infinite loop... that sounds like fun... (sarcasm)

This should NOT be the solution to this issue. Sadly, CG doesn’t care about this issue, they all probably play on iPhone Xs and can’t recreate the issue, thus filing this under “SOLVED”

This issue was never mentioned in their “known issues” section... only EA_HighCommand mentioned that they were aware of an issue with older model iPhones (6 and prior) But bothing has hapened in almost two months... my game crashes 100% of the time in P4 of the hAAT raid... I have reported this in here about... oh I don’t know... 20 times? I finally stopped reporting it, coz CG ignored the reports... best way to make a problem go away, is to ignore it exists.

Along with the crashes in P4 of the hAAT raid, I also experience multiple crashes during TWs and GAs... I can’t battle more than once or twice before having a game crash... and the idea of hving to battle once, then force close the app, go in and battle again... them repeat... does NOT sound like WAI to me... or am I wrong?

The thing is, these reports are pointless by now... every single one of them is being completely ignored by CG... they simply do not care... the percentage who is experiencing this out of the entire player base is just too small... only way to fix this... buy an iPhone x... this issue is bound to get even worse once they roll out GAC and Geo TB... GAC will also be completely unplayble

Message 42 of 79 (1,241 Views)

★★ Apprentice

TW June 18th: game still crashing

Message 43 of 79 (1,187 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Yup... same here too. One battle, one crash! Been going on for 2-3 months now... TW, GA and p4 of the hAAT raid.

But, this is all part of the game now if you play on an older model iPhone like iPhone 6 or older. CG already declared their stance on this and they don’t care one bit. The problem is NOT being recognized by CG and therefor NOT going to be fixed... I stopped wasting money on this game 2-3 months ago when this bug emerged... but sadly CG couldn’t care less about iPhone 6 and older model users... I guess the whales must be playing on newer models. I refuse to purchase an iPhone X just to play this game... but that will soon ve the message from CG I promise you... sooner rather than later, we will get a message saying, that the game has gotten too big to support older model iPhones... especially with GAC coming up soon and a new TB... things are bound to become much much worse... try competing in GAC when your game keeps crashing... and since they are turning the game into an arena based game now, playing will soon become pointless

Message 44 of 79 (1,180 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I just lost another top fleet in TW today. Had only battled once since the last hard restart--in the past, I've always been good for at least two.

Also, since this week's title update, I'm noticing a lot of random crashes, often from the chat screen, but always after I've been on the TW map. Anyone else?

Message 45 of 79 (1,144 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@OldBaldOneKenobi 

Yup, I am experiencing crashes all over the game all the time... yesterday alone, I experienced 8-10 crashes... they varied from mid-battle in TW, to post-battle in TW to moving around menus and also while doing LS battles... I actually had to quit participating in TW after i lost 6 teams to mid-battle crashes - ran out of teams, haha... I think, after the recent update a few days ago, the crashes REALLY stepped up its game and along with the crazy amount of crashes, I am now also experiencing severe lagging and slow loading - to the point where I’m forced to force close the app and re-start... really fun 🤪

Can’t wait for GAC to roll out, haha... things are bound to get even worse than they are now, haha... 

Message 46 of 79 (1,136 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah, I didn't mention the overall sluggishness, but since you bring it up, I've seen that too, since the new update. Thank goodness, I didn't lose as many teams on TW as you did (6 teams lost!! That's horrible, sick and wrong!)

Message 47 of 79 (1,111 Views)

★★★ Novice

Lately, I’ve been experiencing these issues as well, constant lag and crashes. When I lag, sometimes I run out of time, it moves very slow and the fix is to force close the app and restart. But with the crashes, it’s happening when I’m selecting the team to enter the battle and right before I hit the “Battle” button it crashes and the fight counts as 1 battle. Thank you for your understanding.

Message 48 of 79 (1,034 Views)

Re: Recurring TW Bug causing sporadic crashes (5/22/19) & (5/26/19)

★★★★★ Novice

This has been happening for months but it seems especially awful now. At least the arena championship is bug free. Lol, I actually spilt my drink typing that.

Message 49 of 79 (1,028 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue.

The subject mentions TW specifically but this crashing is happening everywhere in the game for me, especially after the latest update.

Message 50 of 79 (999 Views)