Re: Recurring TW Bug causing sporadic crashes (5/22/19) & (5/26/19)

by KyJoe_Cool

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice
Yeah. I would just love to know what’s the root of the problem and get it solved. Other games have more moving parts than this one. And they don’t crash as much as this one, if at all. You would think this game could be played without crashing. Not too much of a request. Should be commonplace imo.
Message 11 of 79 (1,489 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for posting this KyJoe_Cool!

I see Scenario-1 and -3 type crashes on my iPhone 6, a lot, too, but mostly just Scenario 3. And it almost always happens in non-replayable PvP battles (TW and GA mostly, but sometimes also in Squad and Fleet Arena). PvE battles seem to be pretty stable for me with only rare app crashes (in the end, those don't matter much, since they're replayable). These PvP crashes usually seem to happen to me when I haven't restarted my app in some time and I've been playing for awhile. I find that whenever I'm going into a TW or GA, and I've just restarted the app, that I can safely play at least two (sometimes 3-4) battles before my app either becomes really jerky and slow or spontaneously crashes, and I lose the attempt along with my char eligibility for the chars I've brought in. My (lame) workaround has been to manually kill the app and restart after every 2 attempts. This has eliminated almost all my lost attempts through this crash, but it's annoying to have to do every time (and sometimes, I get too eager and forget).

Yes, please, fix this!

Message 12 of 79 (1,433 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Oh, forgot this part: it also happens to me sometimes on TB combat and special missions. This is the reason why I'm wondering if this is something specific to non-replayable battles.

Message 13 of 79 (1,427 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice
Absolutely @OldBaldOneKenobi you’re welcome.

I kept seeing stuff posted about it on the forums but decided to take it into my own hands and post something in great detail here to give this subject the attention it deserves. I think I outlined pretty much everything.

I can’t express how much I feel for the people this is happening to and how frustrating it is being one of em. And no. The iPhone 6 is not extinct by any means. It’s not “brand new” like the iPhone X per-say, but it’s most certainly not “a very old iOS device 6-8 years old” ie as old as they indicated (it’s not an iPhone 4, duh lol). The iPhone 6 and 6s came out in fall of 2014 and 2015 respectively. The 6 was the best selling iPhone generation ever and both are still being used by a ton of people. And I’m one of em.

Also. Will anyone ever comment on this here please? On the forums we’re told to post something here on answers hq, but there’s been nothing so far. Thanks, Joe

Message 14 of 79 (1,419 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Game still crashing when TW is active.

Message 15 of 79 (1,354 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just happened to me (again). This is probably the 5-6 TW it’s happened. Reported the bug multiple times & have gotten zero responses & zero help. 

Message 16 of 79 (1,342 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for posting! I just crashed while using DRevan Team on offense in TW. It's really frustrating as it might cost my guild the win. I've also experienced this problem in Squad Arena and GA. I'm a iPhone 6 user.

Message 17 of 79 (1,329 Views)

★ Novice

This happened to me, just a short while ago on an iPad.  I had just won a TW battle and went into another, just over 2 minutes into the battle the app suddenly just shut down.  I hadn't even known this was some kind of recurring issue people are having until now.....is there a fix in effect?  Extremely frustrating to lose one of my better offensive teams instead of scoring the win.

Message 18 of 79 (1,317 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I don't think the scenarios cover it all, in as much as I think the possible occurrences can be much, much broader. I did some extensive testing in the past, and from my experiences the crashes are NOT limited to TW fights, but can happen ANYWHERE in the game after a certain amount of time from when you have entered the TW map. That could be an arena fight, doing some mod management, or just sitting idle looking at the cantina screen. I had described this observation in another thread already.

This lead me to the conclusion it could be some kind of memory leak triggered by a certain TW function, or some TW monitoring function (e.g. regularly updating the TW map or whatever) running wild after a while.

Whatever it is, I am pretty certain it was introduced with the QoL update some months ago.

@KyJoe_Cool wrote:
The iPhone 6 is not extinct by any means. It’s not “brand new” like the iPhone X per-say, but it’s most certainly not “a very old iOS device 6-8 years old” ie as old as they indicated

The developers have already proven with their very own game that this kind of app is able to run (almost) perfectly fine on such devices, as it DID run fine most of the time on such devices BEFORE the QoL update. At least it did for my iPad Air 1.

Message 19 of 79 (1,312 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Couldn't load the game, so had to restart it, entered TW, did a ship batttle, lost, but took out two ships of the opponent. Then the "lost" screen wouldn't load. This is sso annoying, that i took the time to search out this post. Ruined another TW for me.

Message 20 of 79 (1,301 Views)