Re: Recurring TW Bug causing sporadic crashes (5/22/19) & (5/26/19)

by EdgeSunny

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Recurring TW Bug causing sporadic crashes (5/22/19) (5/26/19) & (6/5/19)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone 6
OS Version Latest (iOS 12.3.1)
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 557-589-378
What type of issue do you have? Network/Connection
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug I and a lot of others keep having the same issues every TW. Some battles in TW everything goes fine as if nothing is wrong. Then the next battle either one of a few things will happen. (As listed below.) In summary, the app crashes during TW offense battles. Mainly for iPhone 6 users. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/202337/iphone-6-users-need-answers#latest This was a thread from the forums posted last month. There’s also another one that was just posted yesterday. So it’s still happening. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/204612/tw-bug#latest (See below)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play on an iPhone 6. During the TW attack phase. Tap an enemy squad to battle against, choose your squad, and then tap battle. See for yourself. The app crashes most of the time. Doesn’t matter if you’re on WiFi or using cellular data to play. It happens during both instances. Also to note I’ve seen/ heard it happen on older iPhones (ie 5/ 5s etc), older iPads, and even some android devices. If that helps.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

I and a lot of others keep having the same issues every TW. Some battles in TW everything goes fine as if nothing is wrong. Then the next battle either one of a few things will happen. 

Scenario 1. It loads the battle. I engage in battle tapping several abilities. And then the app crashes.

Scenario 2. It loads the battle. I can see my squad and the opponents. But before I can even use an ability. The app crashes.

Scenario 3. After selecting my squad. It starts to load i.e. it’s on the loading screen. And then the app crashes.

Scenario 4. The worst of all imo. It loads the battle. I win the battle. But before it displays the victory screen nothing happens. All I can see is my squad is left standing on the battlefield. And then the app crashes. And then when I restart the app to see if it registered my win. It doesn’t register my win/ banners. It’s like it never happened. The squad I was against shows +1 attempts of attack. ie my attack. And my squad that I used is now gone from the available toons I can use for offense. 

Something needs to be done about this. I keep seeing threads about this all the time posted on the swgoh forums. All that’s ever said there is post something on Answers HQ... and people are! lol. And nevertheless. Nothing seems to be done about it. 

This has been bothering me so l much that I decided to say something myself. 

Please help! This is happening to a rather substantial chunk of your player base. And we need your help. Thank you. 

I welcome any response back to this as I would like to get this issue resolved finally. 

Thanking you in advance and MTFBWY, 

Joe

Message 1 of 79 (4,248 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Recurring TW Bug causing sporadic crashes (5/22/19) (5/26/19) & (6/5/19)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @KyJoe_Cool et all and thank you for the report.

We are already investigating the increased crash rate on older iOS devices (iPhone 6+ and older) and working on potential improvements.

View in thread

Message 23 of 79 (4,736 Views)

All Replies

Re: TW Bug causing sporadic crashes (5/22/19)

★★★ Apprentice

thanks for adding those details.

I can only add last time for me it crashed this TW when using grievous aoe against ns.

so it loaded the battle correctly (unlike my last GA where it just crashed when going in as you described in one of your scenarios)

but something made it overflow and made the app crash, this time mid battle.

its super frustrating and has to be solved asap. i know it can be very hard to trace/solve but so many people are having the same issue on ios over and over so i would kindly urge you to look into this matter deeper. there are plenty of examples posted. this is absolutely murdering the players experience.

Message 2 of 79 (4,147 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
For sure. I hadn’t seen anyone else list the possible scenarios in detail so I did. Your experience in this TW would fall under my scenario 1. Basically you’re engaged in battle (tapping abilities etc) and then out of nowhere the app crashes. Your last GA experience however would fall under my scenario 3 where you’re on the loading screen to enter the battle and all of a sudden the app crashes.

Yeah. I can’t wait for this to get fixed. How do you play the game? (iOS or android? Also iPhone/phone or iPad/tablet?)
Message 3 of 79 (4,132 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Kinda surprised tbh that I haven’t even gotten a response back yet or at the minimum some sort of acknowledgement to this bug given the fact that’s it’s been several days since I first posted this. (Then again, I don’t know the turnaround time for a response back as this is my first topic here, so bear with me. lol)

This isn’t a fluke. This is a known issue. Simply put, it’s a well known fact right now that if you have an iPhone 6, you’re having this issue. It happened yet again to me tonight too. Luckily it registered my win of 20 banners (crazy enough) but crashed right after I won. And I’m even on high speed WiFi right now.

This happens to me personally multiple times every single tw. I would really love to be able to play this game and not have this happen anymore. I don’t wanna have to worry that I’m gonna have the app crash on offense and lose my squads and potential earned banners. I shouldn’t have to go full defense because of this or risk having my guild think that I slacked on offense when in reality I didn’t.

This really dampers the overall gaming experience and I’m not the only one who feels this way. I’d greatly appreciate a response back.

Thanks in advance, Joe
Message 4 of 79 (4,039 Views)

★★ Novice

Please sort this out EA, it’s been going on for ages now. At least allow the battle to be restarted. Loosing a squad for no reason is very annoying.

Message 5 of 79 (3,998 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have experienced those crashes during TW since April, it is more than annoying, I am losing the pleasure to attempt a battle for my guild, always fearing the next crash to happen, not fair! It always happens during TW, and only TW, sick also from technical support chat, who always suggest troubleshooting without even reading what you write, always the same unhelpful neverending story. Can’t stand this any longer, really!

Moreover, when I’m fighting against DR/Malak in pvp battles, 30% of the battles end up with fight buttons not showing up all of a sudden, can’t play any further, have to restart the app. Please do something, it is quite frustrating 

Message 6 of 79 (3,975 Views)

★★★ Novice
Scenario 1-2-3-4 by the way....every single scenario!
Message 7 of 79 (3,966 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I almost forgot.

Don’t forget to hit the ‘me too’ button if you’ve been affected by this. That way this gets the attention it deserves.

Also. I myself have experienced all four scenarios like you EdgeSunny. And it’s been happening to me even long before April. (I used to play on a 5, now I’m on a 6.) Bout time that it gets fixed imo.
Message 8 of 79 (3,940 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
New info to report.

Just right now at 10:50pm my time (est) I was battling in squad arena and the app crashed. What in the world is going on with this game?

The iPhone 6 isn’t extinct by any means guys and gals. On the contrary. Look online. It was the best selling iPhone generation ever.

Now it’s happening to me in squad arena too. In fleet arena, I’m already experiencing situations where sometimes mid battle the ability logos disappear. This is getting out of hand. Way too much.
Message 9 of 79 (3,930 Views)

★★★ Novice

I rather think it’s because of a kind of conflict between many events running parallel, TW GA and other events like Padme recently. I do experience crashes during pvp Arena battles, but only if other events are additionally running, like TW for instance. Other players from my guild experienced the same problems, but not anyone and some iOS users didn’t seem to have those troubles, so it might depend on a bug, not on apple devices

Message 10 of 79 (3,880 Views)