by Rubrica

Original Post

Recessed Not Recess! Kitchen Island — Left End Piece

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.85.203.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Seasons, Eco Lifestyle / Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Dream Home Decorator / Laundry Day, Moschino, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting, Paranormal / (no kits)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place 3 Recessed Not Recess! Kitchen Island by MilaMila counters: a "Right End Piece", a regular "Tile" cabinet, and a "Left End Piece" in a row
What happens when the bug occurs? For the Tile and Right End pieces the fake drawers and cabinets are on the back, opposite the bar stools. For the Left End piece, that side is blank and the drawer/cabinet texture is on the side
What do you expect to see? The drawer/cabinet texture should match the precedent set by the other two
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The reason why I think this a bug rather than a choice is bc every other island cabinet (that I have in my game) follows the same rule across all of its pieces. I dont the way that the Outer Corner looks either but that's not a bug.

Cabinets on front/barstool side: BlandCo Contemporary Counter Island (Used) (City Living), BlandCo Contemporary Counter Island (BG), BroHill Kitchen Island (Parenthood)

*The parenthood island counter Left End piece has both the cabinet door texture on the front to match the others and shelving on the side

Cabinets on back: VAULT Modular Island (BG)

The left and right end pieces mirror eachother

No Cabinets/front and back are the same: Corporate Chic Counter Island (BG), The Harbinger Island (BG), S. Cargeaux Counter Island (BG), Front Desk Extension Mechanism (GTW), Modern Victorian Counter Isle (Vampires), The Iron Counter Island (RoM), Tall Order Vintage Counter Island (BG)

In the attached screenshot: On the left side, I show how it currently looks and a side view alt placed onto the diagonal. In the upper center, there are a (outer) corner piece with a left end piece above it to prove i'm not confusing the two. On the right side, I show how the Left End Piece should look based on the rule established by the other two counter pieces.

Message 1 of 2 (833 Views)

Re: Recessed Not Recess! Kitchen Island — Left End Piece

★★ Novice

Confirming that this is still an issue, and that I'm pretty sure it's a bug rather than an intentional design choice: if you look very, very closely at the baseboard/plinth/whatever the thing inset at the very bottom of the counter is called, you'll see that the footprint of the left end piece juts out just a tiny bit beyond the rest of the island pieces. I have attached a screenshot showing the misaligned baseboard, compared to the correctly aligned baseboard on the other end of the island. This suggests to me that the bottom of the left island piece needs to be rotated ninety degrees.

Message 2 of 2 (667 Views)